• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
I'm not a season ticket holder , but attend 'most' home games and generally buy on line.
Quite often , when possible , I buy the same seat.
I bought that seat for todays game when tickets went on sale , but today there was somebody in the seat I had bought and paid for !!!
The guy said he was a season ticket holder and indeed produced a card with the very same seat number.

The steward was called and I was relocated into the East Blues.

When I got there , at least a dozen or so others came in and said they had the same problem , with one guy having to move from sitting next to his wife and son ( their first games by the way ).

A few things.

As I said , I have bought this same seat before and never had a problem.
Did this guy have a bogus season card ?
I doubt it , but the guys around me said he hardly ever comes ??

If he is a genuine season ticket holder then he quite rightly should have his seat , but why are the club selling season tickets to the general public ?

As I said , this was not just an issue with me today , but caused big problems for this other guy and potentially huge problems if the ground is full for the play off game.

To those in the know , could I please have Steve Kavanaghs email address.
Or is there someone else I should inform at the club.

Not impressed , but sadly not overly surprised.

this happened to me a couple of seasons ago in the West Stand. Old boy in my seat produced season card so even though I had a genuine ticket, it was me who had to move. Turns out the old git never renewed his season card and had been getting away with it for the last two seasons!
Contact the club. If genuine mistake they will probably bung you a fiver or something - they did me.

I'm not a season ticket holder , but attend 'most' home games and generally buy on line.
Quite often , when possible , I buy the same seat.
I bought that seat for todays game when tickets went on sale , but today there was somebody in the seat I had bought and paid for !!!
The guy said he was a season ticket holder and indeed produced a card with the very same seat number.

The steward was called and I was relocated into the East Blues.

When I got there , at least a dozen or so others came in and said they had the same problem , with one guy having to move from sitting next to his wife and son ( their first games by the way ).

A few things.

As I said , I have bought this same seat before and never had a problem.
Did this guy have a bogus season card ?
I doubt it , but the guys around me said he hardly ever comes ??

If he is a genuine season ticket holder then he quite rightly should have his seat , but why are the club selling season tickets to the general public ?

As I said , this was not just an issue with me today , but caused big problems for this other guy and potentially huge problems if the ground is full for the play off game.

To those in the know , could I please have Steve Kavanaghs email address.
Or is there someone else I should inform at the club.

Not impressed , but sadly not overly surprised.

Why not copy and paste this post to the Club and see what their response is. Worth a try, if you haven't done it already. Oops - That will teach me to read all of the post, you're already on the case

Last edited:
Also in the West today, issues with mcnasty and Southminster's seats to name just a couple who experienced similar problems.

Don't know if it's a good or bad thing that this happened al over the ground today !

does anyone have an email address of who I should contact ?

Iv'e got two season tickets in East red and my seats had been sold again, Wasn't a big issue but surely the ticket office must know what seats are available.

Have emailed Steve Kavanagh about these issues, obviously not going to expect any response immediately but will let you know if I hear anything.

Have emailed Steve Kavanagh about these issues, obviously not going to expect any response immediately but will let you know if I hear anything.

Cheers for that.
if it had been the play off game and sold out , there could have been big issues.
i assumed that season tickets were taken out of the system for general sale ?

although it seems a problem occurred all over the ground today , my particular one was odd as I've purchased and sat in this seat on at least 5 occasions this season.
just seems odd that the Sth was never there on these occasions ?

Cheers for that.
if it had been the play off game and sold out , there could have been big issues.
i assumed that season tickets were taken out of the system for general sale ?

although it seems a problem occurred all over the ground today , my particular one was odd as I've purchased and sat in this seat on at least 5 occasions this season.

just seems odd that the Sth was never there on these occasions ?

Very odd. Wonder it it was a' half season' season ticket?

We had the same problem in east reds today turned up and there where people in our seats with the correct same tickets as our season tickets numbers!!!! I just turfed them out!!!

They have obviously screwed up big time and just issued tickets that shouldnt have been for sale. Lets hope they are more efficient over the next few weeks!

Does remind me of a game recently we turned up to find someone in our seats, a couple of older chaps. I said to them looking at our tickets I think you are in our seats and the fellow said no we are season tickets. I was getting confused as was sure we were in the right row when his mate turned to him and said oh bugger we are in the wrong seats. How can you be a season ticket and go to the wrong seat :smile:

Response from Steve, which I wasn't expecting quite so quickly:

Kay

We are aware of the duplicates and have some examples, this will be rigorously investigated as to what has happened.

Seems to me the ticket office cocked up big time all over last week

Had the same problem last week , but I do think these 3 match tickets for 50 quid has something to do with it

Had the same problem last week , but I do think these 3 match tickets for 50 quid has something to do with it

I'm sure you're not wrong. A short term 3 match season ticket sounds a bit complex for our limited system/staff.

Back