• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tie #1: The Warriors (MK) v Anchorman (Blues R Best)

Ron Burgandy come out to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry MK, never seen Warriors and Anchorman is great.

Ha! Revenge for Empire Records :raspberry:

The Warriors, a cult classic of 1970's cinema that still has a huge following today. The Warriors, framed for murdering Cyrus who tried to unite all of NY street gangs, fight their way back to Coney Island avoiding cops as well as a hoarde of NY angry gang members such as The Lizzies or The Rogues. Epic viewing, I urge everyone watches it before Michael Bay or some other clueless numbnuts remakes it with Shia LeBoeuf.

I missed the chance to vote Anchorman in the last round, one of my all time Top 3 films.
So many great lines as others have mentioned and who could forget Baxter!
Sorry have not seen The Warriors MK.

Here's the trailer. If this don't wet your whistle you don't deserve cinema!

[video=youtube;MV4cgs-bPic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4cgs-bPic[/video]

Warriors is great. But Anchorman is hilarious. One of the only films I can watch again and again and again. Brick, you killed a man!

Warriors is great. But Anchorman is hilarious. One of the only films I can watch again and again and again. Brick, you killed a man!

Have to say I agree that Anchorman is a great comedy. Goes to show there's no shenanigans in this battle....

[video=youtube;0AUvtLZQyDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AUvtLZQyDE[/video]

Brian Fantana: Don't get me wrong, I love the ladies. I mean they rev my engines, but they don't belong in the newsroom.
Champ Kind: It is anchor*man*, not anchor*lady*. And that is a scientific fact.
Brick Tamland: I don't know what we're yelling about.
Brian Fantana: You're with us, Ron, what do you think?
Ron Burgundy: [shouting] She... Sh... It's terrible. She has beautiful eyes, and her hair smells like cinnamon.
Brick Tamland: [shouts] Loud noises.

Ron Burgundy: Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.
Brian Fantana: I don't know, Ron.
Ron Burgundy: Guess what, I do. I know that one day Veronica and I are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.

Jazz flute
[video=youtube;jmw-440ZGuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmw-440ZGuo[/video]

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.
Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?
Ron Burgundy: No. No.
Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.
Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Ed Harken: A lot of you have been hearing the affiliates complaining about a lack of diversity on the news team.
Champ Kind: What in the hell's diversity?
Ron Burgundy: Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
Ed Harken: Ron, I would be surprised if the affiliates were concerned about the lack of an old, old wooden ship, but nice try.

As I understand it Lee Sawyer's favourite film is The Warriors as it contains fighting and stuff.

Lee Sawyer wears Sex Panther.

They've done studies, 60% of the time, he works all the time.

Veronica Corningstone: Excuse me.
Ron Burgundy: What are you doing?
Veronica Corningstone: I need this machine so I can watch a tape for a story.
Ron Burgundy: I'm using the tape. I'm showing Jeffrey my Emmy tape. We are watching history.
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, I'm a professional, and I would like to be able to do my job.
Ron Burgundy: Big deal. I am very professional.
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, you are acting like a baby.
Ron Burgundy: I'm not a baby, I am a man. I am an anchorman.
Veronica Corningstone: You are not a man. You are a big fat joke.
Ron Burgundy: I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.
Veronica Corningstone: I will have you know that I have more talent and more intelligence in my little finger than you do in your entire body, sir.
Ron Burgundy: You are a smelly pirate hooker.
Veronica Corningstone: You look like a blueberry.
Ron Burgundy: Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Veronica Corningstone: Well, you have bad hair.
Ron Burgundy: [insulted] What did you say?
Veronica Corningstone: I said... your hair... looks stupid.

[to Baxter]
Ron Burgundy: What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay.

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.
Veronica Corningstone: Really.
Ron Burgundy: People know me.
Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.
Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

[video=youtube;APAySMepRm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAySMepRm8[/video]

Nice that someone is taking this seriously! Nice work BrB (even if you're my nemesis :darkcloud:)....

Both great films, but anchorman can be watched over and over, and gets better with age.

The best of Brick

Brick Tamland: I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally ********.

[video=youtube;vEdiJLv1Ip4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdiJLv1Ip4[/video]

[video=youtube;Bcech3F-FvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcech3F-FvI[/video]

Back