• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tie #7:Wild Geese (Canvey) v Halloween (Shrimper)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loved Halloween, but everything about The Wild Geese was brilliant. Soundtrack, cheesy lines and the best of veteran British actors. Burton, Moore, Harris & Granger what a cast. Plus some of the best bit part or tv actors such as Ronald Fraser, Percy Herbert, Patrick Allen, Barry Foster & Kenneth Griffith.

I loved Frank Finlay as an irascible & intemerant Irish priest, who declared that the mercenary band were all a bunch of godless murdering heathens. Which prompted the response from Sean Finn (Moore) "What a moving valediction".

Great stuff vote Wild Geese.

everything about The Wild Geese was brilliant. Soundtrack, cheesy lines and the best of veteran British actors
You could argue the same for Halloween - it has the best horror film soundtrack bar none, Donald Pleasence superbly holding the whole thing together, and more than its fair share of brilliantly cheesey lines for a film with so little dialogue...

WYNN: Sam, Haddonfield is a hundred and fifty miles from here. How could he get there? He can't drive.

LOOMIS: He was doing all right last night. Maybe somebody around here gave him lessons.

LOOMIS: Anybody live here?

BRACKETT: Not since 1963, since it happened. Every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted.

LOOMIS: They may be right.

LOOMIS: I met this six-year-old boy with a blank, cold emotionless face, and the blackest of eyes... the Devil's eyes.

LOOMIS: Death has arrived in your little town, sheriff. You can ignore it, or you can help me stop it.

LAURIE: It WAS the bogyman...

LOOMIS: As a matter of fact it was.

I'd struggle to think of 3 films I love more than Halloween.

My liver is to be buried separately with honours. Faulkner and the boys all day long.

I'm not a humourous man Mr Faulkner.

I forgot to mention the part of RSM Sandy Young played by Jack Watson -

"Get up you ****ing abortion"

"I can't sarge I'm dead"

Cue a bullet about an inch from his left ear and the bloke is running like Linford Christie.

Back