• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
At the moment the combination of the two is working well and I have no doubt that it will continue to do so.

A problem may arise, however, half way through next season when a 3rd div team sacks their manager and approaches Paul for the vacancy.

I would assume that Paul would probably be interested and may end up leaving.

If that is the case does anyone think that it may affect us adversely? I guess what this really boils down to is how much influence does Paul have, and how much is Tilly?

I think people will look on paul brush for his dire time at leyton orient where he was in sole charge rather than an assistant managers role here at southend!

Paul Brush won't go back into management, the Leyton Orient job was more-or-less forced on him.
He's always said that he prefers being a coach.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ April 20 2004,15:05)]Paul Brush won't go back into management, the Leyton Orient job was more-or-less forced on him.
He's always said that he prefers being a coach.
Yeah, I've heard much the same.  It seems that we have stumbled upon the perfect managerial combination.  Dedicated manager who loves the club and assistant who prefers being a coach.  Are we finally allowed to give Ron Martin some credit now for not rashly appointing a "safer " choice.  And of course, my neighbour who sits on the board of Southend who seems to have contributed to a fine job!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 20 2004,15:10)]Are we finally allowed to give Ron Martin some credit now for not rashly appointing a "safer " choice
No, we want Stan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 20 2004,15:10)]Are we finally allowed to give Ron Martin some credit now for not rashly appointing a "safer " choice.
Talking of giving Ron credit. I do remember a few people on here complaining that he didn't know how to negotiate and that because of that we would lose Dudfield to Yeovil. People were saying that he can't apply his "work" negotiating tactics in football. How wrong they were! Well done Ron!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,15:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 20 2004,15:10)]Are we finally allowed to give Ron Martin some credit now for not rashly appointing a "safer " choice
No, we want Stan.
Imagine if he'd been in charge when all the dogging stuff came out. We'd be so much more of a laughing stock than Darlo with Asprilla
biggrin.gif

Back