• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly closing in on loan targets

jackspratt

Youth Team
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/4083385.Tilly_closing_in_on_loan_targets/

BLUES boss Steve Tilson has suffered more setbacks in the transfer market, but hopes there will be better news tomorrow.
The Seasiders chief has been unsuccessful in his pursuit of two strikers and also failed in a swoop to bring Hal-Robson-Kanu back to the club.
“We wanted Hal back until the end of the season but Reading only wanted to let him out for a month,” said Tilson.
“Because of the loan rules we couldn’t get him here for just a month as he’s already been here and he’s now gone to Swindon which is disappointing.”
Tilson hopes to be more successful tomorrow and is looking to bolster his small squad with two more loan signings.
One is believed to be a young defender currently on the books of a London based side in the Premier League.

Believe it when I see it

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/4083385.Tilly_closing_in_on_loan_targets/

BLUES boss Steve Tilson has suffered more setbacks in the transfer market, but hopes there will be better news tomorrow.
The Seasiders chief has been unsuccessful in his pursuit of two strikers and also failed in a swoop to bring Hal-Robson-Kanu back to the club.
“We wanted Hal back until the end of the season but Reading only wanted to let him out for a month,” said Tilson.
“Because of the loan rules we couldn’t get him here for just a month as he’s already been here and he’s now gone to Swindon which is disappointing.”
Tilson hopes to be more successful tomorrow and is looking to bolster his small squad with two more loan signings.
One is believed to be a young defender currently on the books of a London based side in the Premier League.

Believe it when I see it

He says we need some experienced old heads in the side and yet still goes for another young defender!! Did think that was probably the case with Robson-Kanu and I assume the same regards to Sawyer. Can't believe we are still only loaning players, would be nice to see some actual Signings not loans. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

Not sounding promising still is it?

Still loans, still youngsters! :(

I'll take the bodies as we will struggle to put a side out for Saturday, but the hopes of permanent deals are fading fast.

Wonder if the youngster is the West Ham defender that was mentioned on SZ a while back... forget the name.

Loans are good but is still going to make a unsettled sqaud.

But I would take loans over no one.

He says we need some experienced old heads in the side and yet still goes for another young defender!! Did think that was probably the case with Robson-Kanu and I assume the same regards to Sawyer. Can't believe we are still only loaning players, would be nice to see some actual Signings not loans. We shall see what happens tomorrow.

You must remember that the January transfer window is an extremely difficult time to actually sign players. The vast majority of Clubs are looking for the same thing and the selling Club can get an auction on the go if they are looking to sell.

You don't tend to see quality players from first teams moving on during January, for example We need a goalscoring centre forward and Clubs that have them Bristol Rovers (Lambert), Derby County (Dickinson) etc don't need to sell them because they need them for their own season.

Loans seem to be easier to do, I just hope these loans are mid-long term ones.

is it just me that thinks that we need a permanent signing all season we have had loanees and i think while they have been good when they leave they have left the blues in trouble and is part of why we have dropped in league form as some key members of the spine of the team have returned to their parent clubs
however i would rather have a loanee than nothing but i would rather tilly was spending more time trying to get someone permanently
and while we are in need of a striker i am worried hes looking at 2 strikers and a centre back after not getting hrk when we are in desperate needs of some wingers

Last edited:
is it just me that thinks that we need a permanent signing all season we have had loanees and i think while they have been good when they leave they have left the blues in trouble and is part of why we have dropped in league form as some key members of the spine of the team have returned to their parent clubs
however i would rather have a loanee than nothing but i would rather tilly was spending more time trying to get someone permanently

We do need permanent signings in, there is no doubt about that, but loan signings are easier to complete during the January transfer window.

Remember, we haven't been able to sign anyone since the 31st August until the 1st Jan, so we couldn't bring in players then.

Yawn - this is boring.

Will RM spend?

Have we any money?

Loan players mean an unsettled Team - something that Tilly has bemoaned all season.

Southend sign someone permanently? - reminds me that I need to tell my son that Father Christmas is a myth as well!!

Daryl Powell has been released from Derby, would his experiance not come in handy for the remainder of the season, on a short term basis. Can add some competition and know how to the back four or even the midfield.

Prob get loads of responses saying "donkey" etc etc.

However, personally think we can do a lot worse ...

More like preparing for league 2

For f**ks sake, yet more loans. Number 10 & 11 to arrive tomorrow then?

Of course if it's someone who we could possibly sign in the summer then it can be excused. If they're both kids who won't be signing full time then meh.

Daryl Powell has been released from Derby, would his experiance not come in handy for the remainder of the season, on a short term basis. Can add some competition and know how to the back four or even the midfield.

Prob get loads of responses saying "donkey" etc etc.

However, personally think we can do a lot worse ...

Darren Powell. Darryl Powell left Derby some 7 years ago. ;) Although we do need experience? ;)

As for Darren Powell, I suggested him on here last week. A big, strong, dominant centre back who has hundreds of games under his belt and is on a free.

I hate loans and just think they are not the sort of people we need in when we are in th postion that we are in.

I hate loans and just think they are not the sort of people we need in when we are in th postion that we are in.

Not ideal, but as debated earlier in the thread sometimes it's your only option, and beggars can't be choosers.

We're due to field some players on trial from Premiership clubs tonight at Canvey, so if they impress we could end up with even more young players.

Why loan when we could buy??

With all this talk of loan deals would someone tell me how much money we made from the unexpected and unbudgetted for Chelsea games.

There must be extra in the pot what with the away day at Chelsea and home match with the TV rights??

Where has this money gone or where is it going????

Just a question as we hear of so many teams in financial difficulties who would probably welcome the chance to sell even their best players for hard cash.

What worries me is, as I said in a previous thread, the gate against Yeovil could be an indicator as to what to expect for the rest of the season. So what was the budget at the start of the season?? 7500/8000 per game??

Anyone know......

Back