• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ May 26 2004,08:21)].... more like Andy Rammell

Drewe has never moaned to the media,about being left out.
I think he meant more with the fact that he runs his heart out, wins balls in the air, but can't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo from 18 yards.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 26 2004,09:36)]...apart from all those goals he scored last season?
Hence me saying from 18 yards.

17 yards and under, and Drewe's lethal!

Fair point (although not about Drewe being lethal from any distance)

However, just to be argumentative, who the hell could hit a donkey's arse with a banjo from 18 yards?

This could be a fund-raising opportunity for the Shrimpers Trust at the Meet the Blues day on August 1st. Now who's got a banjo, a donkey and a surveyor's tape measure? I'll collect the money, 50p a go sound ok?

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 26 2004,10:05)]This could be a fund-raising opportunity for the Shrimpers Trust at the Meet the Blues day on August 1st. Now who's got a banjo, a donkey and a surveyor's tape measure? I'll collect the money, 50p a go sound ok?

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
But would Richards be willing to come back just for MTBD
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

He might do if we said that it was to see his "Wall of Fame" entry
wink.gif

Perhaps if the club did away with the "Shoot for a Car" competition next year and commissioned a banner with a donkey on it, we could then have the lucky winner of the half time draw throwing a banjo from the "D" and winning a prize for hitting the donkey's @rse. I'm on the phone to Commercial
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The only problem I see with that TITW is that we have had so many Donkeys playing for us the Goalmouth would be full.
Which one would you need to hit to win a prize.
biggrin.gif

I don't care how it's done, but make sure that my name is there for suggesting the phrase at least!

It could be to win the car you have to throw a small banjo at a small donkey from the D, and for another prize throw a large banjo at the same small donkey from the penalty spot.

Beaver, you are mistaken!! A Donkey has never played for Southend United but a Pidgeon, Pike, Hogg, Lamb, Gibbons, Bullock, Bird, Martin, Duck, Wolfe, Whale and an Otter(ulakowski) have.  However if you want to throw a banjo at a player try D'Arcy  
biggrin.gif

Just to let you know lads, McGleish doesn't live in Southend, he lives in North London.

And you're welcome to him - he's can't really cut it in Division 2. Of his 17 goals last season (the best of his career), only 10 were against Division 2 opponents and 2 of those were penalties. I'm sure he'd do a job keeping you in Division 3 though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why come on here if your not worried about McGleish leaving?

Just interested to see what you made of it - it's quite gratifying to watch you lot wetting yourselves about signing a 30 year-old mercenary with one career hat-trick and 35 goals in 3 seasons. Can't think of anywhere better to offload him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ May 26 2004,12:54)]
[b said:

Just interested to see what you made of it - it's quite gratifying to watch you lot wetting yourselves about signing a 30 year-old mercenary with one career hat-trick and 35 goals in 3 seasons. Can't think of anywhere better to offload him!
Still think you're signing Constantine do you??
biggrin.gif

We may be wetting ourselves about McGleish... but you lot are keeping Simon Brown
biggrin.gif

One mistake does not make Brown a bad keeper, just because you saw it happen. A career of mediocrity makes McGleish mediocre.

We didn't want Constantine?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ May 26 2004,12:54)]
[b said:

After looking at your board, seems some of you might commit suicide if he went.
tounge.gif

McGleish could well go to the shrimpers. Relocation isn't a problem, he'll just need to get himself a caravan

tounge.gif

Back