• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly thanks fans (and reads Shrimperzone!)

Clinton Baptiste

Life President⭐
Back page, Tilly thanks the fans for their messages, good or bad. Says he has been on shrimperzone and- for the first time in his life- Facebook. Because he is still under contract he cant really talk about the events that led to his dismissal but hopes to come back as a fan to watch games. Also says his combined total of games as player and manager puts him well clear of the next person. A true SUFC legend.

Back page, Tilly thanks the fans for their messages, good or bad. Says he has been on shrimperzone and- for the first time in his life- Facebook. Because he is still under contract he cant really talk about the events that led to his dismissal but hopes to come back as a fan to watch games. Also says his combined total of games as player and manager puts him well clear of the next person. A true SUFC legend.
Smart move from Ron, here.
Get rid of Tilly, but pay his contract. Therefore shutting him up for a year, at which time... No one will "care" and the backlash of problems won't be so bad.

Get rid of Tilly, but pay his contract. Therefore shutting him up for a year, at which time... No one will "care" and the backlash of problems won't be so bad.

Or is it because Ron actually really likes Tilson and doesn't want to **** off the fans more and really muck Tilson's life up?

Or is it because Ron actually really likes Tilson and doesn't want to **** off the fans more and really muck Tilson's life up?

I think there's only one person Ron really likes .... and he's in Crete.

So it couldn't be that RM is paying up Tilly's contract because it's the right way to treat good people?

I think you may be right. Ron would not have stuck with Tilly for so long if he didn't have a great deal of respect for Tilly and liked him a lot. 2 relegations in 6 years isn't the form of a great manager but Ron stuck with Tilly. Only now has Ron decided to take drastic action and I feel it was the right time.

I think there's only one person Ron really likes .... and he's in Crete.

1203090904311.jpg

Alexandrukas Stelios the local Greek Taverna and Olive growth owner?

I suggest he sees a Doctor about that immediately..;)

ha!
I like the idea of Alexandrukas having just one Olive tree that he tends to, and Ron is going to buy his land and build a new 50,000 seater stadium for Ofi! Another stroke of genius from Ron.

Well arguably he should have made drastic cutbacks and redundancies years ago.

Quite possibly. Or alternatively, not signed players on large, long-term contracts that the club later became unable to sustain. Either way, telling players under contract that it is "not the time" (as he allegedly did) to discuss the payment of overdue wages is not the way I'd like to be treated by my employer and certainly does not count as treating people well in my book.

I like when Tilly said he thanks fans for their comments on SZ 'good and bad'.

Dont know why he didnt just mention me by name :)

Just like to say, if Tilly is still reading!

Thank you, and the pleasure was all ours!

PS: First time posting on the new web format - like it - good job guys.

Maybe he just meant that Paula mentioned it to him and he had a look at the comments that were left on the Facebook article Paula commented on herself?

Yep, very probably.
I see the "suspect" user claiming to be ST, not a fan page or anything was back on Facebook yesterday...

Maybe he just meant that Paula mentioned it to him and he had a look at the comments that were left on the Facebook article Paula commented on herself?

I sent her a link to the page I set up on Sunday... (see my sig)
She said she'd show it to Steve.

Back