• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Tilly to MK Dons?

I haven't seen anything in the local papers, especially not the Citizen though I'll take a look when it comes in later today or tomorrow.

Winkleman may be an odious git, but he's a ambitious one and I think two relegations means that Tilly is far small a target.

"And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided."

The above was believed to have happened (nobody can split a sea) and some people have believed to be able to mind read. A lot of stuff has believed to of happened. The word believed is stupid. The papers can write anything. 'A source close to an ex player said that a player who plays for the club is believed to have seen Tilson talking to MK Dons Chairman'

A big name, is Tilson a big name then? If he did go there I wouldn't blame him, but I really do HATE MK FRANCHISE SCUM DONS MORE THAN ANY TEAM! But if he did end up there it would be a wicked move for him!

Yeah but the MK Donuts now seem to be struggling for cash. Therefore with his recent experiences, they might feel he could get them out of trouble on the pitch.

I'd imagine if Tilson could get the chance to hook up with Brushy again it would provide a satisfying two fingers to Ronald. In fact, I'd say this is the most likely chance of him going anywhere since he just missed out on the Norwich job about 18 months ago.

IF true, good luck to him. Would be a shame to see him go, but if his heart is not in it anymore...

IF true, good luck to him. Would be a shame to see him go, but if his heart is not in it anymore...

I think you're half right. I think his heart is still in SUFC, but from what i know, he doesn't want to work for Ron anymore. And to be completely honest, i don't blame him at all. Would you want to work for RM?

There was some talk of them approaching Trollope and Lenny Lawrence of Bristol Rovers. It was on one of the Rovers websites, i can't remember which one now though

Yeah but the MK Donuts now seem to be struggling for cash. Therefore with his recent experiences, they might feel he could get them out of trouble on the pitch.

I'd imagine if Tilson could get the chance to hook up with Brushy again it would provide a satisfying two fingers to Ronald. In fact, I'd say this is the most likely chance of him going anywhere since he just missed out on the Norwich job about 18 months ago.

Sadly, I rather agree.

:(

Sadly, I rather agree.

:(

I do think though that a clean break might actually be a positive for now. If the current working relationship with RM is on the verge of breaking point, maybe for the club it's better if he were to go.

As I said eleswhere last week, I can still see him going to another club, lasting the customary 12-15 months, getting the sack & then returning to Southend (Webby style) just around the time we move into FF.

I do think though that a clean break might actually be a positive for now. If the current working relationship with RM is on the verge of breaking point, maybe for the club it's better if he were to go.

As I said eleswhere last week, I can still see him going to another club, lasting the customary 12-15 months, getting the sack & then returning to Southend (Webby style) just around the time we move into FF.

I wouldn't want him to leave. I cannot think of anyone who would do a better job right now.

I don't think we're struggling for cash, in fact our budgets are typically one of the highest in the league and the chairman has announced that that will still be the case next season too. I think it's just more of a case that they wouldn't trust Ince with the budget again next season.

Hi,

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers about this but it is being reported in at least one of our local papers that Tilson may have applied for the MK Dons job.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it? You haven't had the best of seasons but how much is that to do with Tilson?

Cheers.

Tilly isn't completely blameless, but he is at the bottom of the blame list

Hi,

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers about this but it is being reported in at least one of our local papers that Tilson may have applied for the MK Dons job.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it? You haven't had the best of seasons but how much is that to do with Tilson?

Cheers.

Dreadful manager. Its all his fault that we're going down and you'd be mad to take him on ;)

Hi,

Cheers.

He can't do any worse then the guy who was in charge saturday. Surely the first thing he would need to do is get rid of your keeper, the blokes a nut job

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, but there are increasing rumours that MK will be the next club to face a financial plight... Four years of enormous wages and signing on fees are catching up with a League One club with League One attendances. Sound familiar?

No doubt that Tilson departing in any way will cause the Anti-Ron brigade to step up. I wouldn't begrudge him the move either, I'd just prefer it if he actually went to a football club instead of a franchise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, but there are increasing rumours that MK will be the next club to face a financial plight... Four years of enormous wages and signing on fees are catching up with a League One club with League One attendances. Sound familiar?

No doubt that Tilson departing in any way will cause the Anti-Ron brigade to step up. I wouldn't begrudge him the move either, I'd just prefer it if he actually went to a football club instead of a franchise.

I've seen our recent financial records and it's business as usual really. That doesn't mean to say that we're flush for cash, we walk a financial tight rope like any other club, but I don't think there's some disaster looming...but then who knows - it can happen to Portsmouth in the Premier League...it can happen to any club.

I've seen our recent financial records and it's business as usual really. That doesn't mean to say that we're flush for cash, we walk a financial tight rope like any other club, but I don't think there's some disaster looming...but then who knows - it can happen to Portsmouth in the Premier League...it can happen to any club.

See I wouldn't wish financial trouble on any club apart from yours. Saying that, a club has to start somewhere, but I am still fuming about how your 'football club' started.
It isn't the fans fault. But hey ho! I hope Tilson doesn't sign for you.

The decision to get rid of Paul Ince was reported to be a financial decision which sounds a bit dodgey to me. So is there no worries between fans and that sort of thing then?

See I wouldn't wish financial trouble on any club apart from yours. Saying that, a club has to start somewhere, but I am still fuming about how your 'football club' started.
It isn't the fans fault. But hey ho! I hope Tilson doesn't sign for you.

The decision to get rid of Paul Ince was reported to be a financial decision which sounds a bit dodgey to me. So is there no worries between fans and that sort of thing then?

Ince leaving allegedly was a financial decision but on Ince's part. The chairman told him that the budget was going to be reduced for next season to what it was about two seasons ago and Ince decided to leave.

I think the reality is that he was sacked and that they didn't want to trust him with another budget anyway.

Back