• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Alot had been said about Tilson with some sections of the support doubting his ability. But this Transfer market, along with the support of Brush and Ron (Pat on the back for the financial support) has shown how shrewd a man Steve can be.

The signings of Masters, Scannell, Barnard and Revell on full time deals bodes well as all are still young and at a combined fee of under £200,000 it seems like a bargain!

The sqaud is also shaping up to become a potentially good Championship side. With most compontents still young and/or coming into potentially the most fruitful time in their career.

The likes of Francis, Bailey, Macca, Scannell, Hooper, Barnard, Revell, amongst others have the pedigree to achieve a great deal together in the future. Give the team a season to gel and they will be good enough to win promotion from League 1.

Well done Steve.

Now its the fans turn to encourage the new players on (and the rest of the team) and be the 12th man in the push for the play offs.

Come on you blues.

Onwards and Upwards!

He's done brilliantly....got in a few who could turn our season around and a few who are for the future. He's excelled himself in the face of a bombardment of criticism from sections of the support, and he gets my praise for that. Best transfer window activity I've seen from us in quite some time.

Now if he can sign a new giant commanding centre back, he'll be a God.

An excellent post. The best of the month in my opinion.

Well done Baileytheblue

class work Tilly, Brushy and Ron... we really do have a lot of potential in the squad now and the makings of a legendary team.

Devils advocate time...

We need to be careful not to get too carried away, Barnard has played 120 minutes and Revell only just walked in the door.

Im pleased with Barnards start, but Forans started well too..

Revell comes with a decent feedback from Brighton, but we havent seen him.

Im pleased to see these players and hopeful our squad is now stronger but time will tell if they are good signings and they will need time to settle.

All very promising so far so fingers crossed!

He's done brilliantly....got in a few who could turn our season around and a few who are for the future. He's excelled himself in the face of a bombardment of criticism from sections of the support, and he gets my praise for that. Best transfer window activity I've seen from us in quite some time.

Now if he can sign a new giant commanding centre back, he'll be a God.
Exactly. I do love Tilson proving the doubters wrong!

I have been a fierce critic of S.T. over the past few weeks and justifiably so in my opinion. Last night however was a pure joy and what a difference committment made. Although I still believe there are a few things S.T. has to change in his style of management.
Good signings I believe this time !
Great game last night and a pleasure to watch !
Well done to all the players and staff !
just keep it going on Saturday and the weeks to come !
Lets not forget Swansea and Forrest still have to come to our place
CREDIT WHERE CREDITS DUE 10/10

I have been a fierce critic of S.T. over the past few weeks and justifiably so in my opinion. Last night however was a pure joy and what a difference committment made. Although I still believe there are a few things S.T. has to change in his style of management.

MSFE, any other transfer activity news, or have we seen the last? :p As has been said, we hope for a new defensive face!

any more signings mel!?

I think a few on here should all calm down alittle just at the moment.

having said that its nice to make some signings , it brings a fresh buzz around the place. I wish bernard and revell all the best we deffinately needed a new strike fource. I think along with Mc donald they should offer far more than what we already had, howver will they offer enough??? The frustration for me maybe that we clearly had the player who was up to standard but let him go for one reason or another, so a couple of signings have been made and lets hope they will improve the squad, who knows ?? now we still need central defence cover, and I mean cover with clear quality a Roget, Cort,Jobson,Hunter figure would be nice lets hope tomorrow brings more good news

We don't need cover at centre-half, we need starting quality.

I foresee more loans out as we are over staffed.

Devils advocate time...

We need to be careful not to get too carried away, Barnard has played 120 minutes and Revell only just walked in the door.

Im pleased with Barnards start, but Forans started well too..

Revell comes with a decent feedback from Brighton, but we havent seen him.

Im pleased to see these players and hopeful our squad is now stronger but time will tell if they are good signings and they will need time to settle.

All very promising so far so fingers crossed!
I agree, firstly the complainer acted too fast in complaining about a lack ofsignings but now agter a couple of signings everyones going mad over, I saw one post saying Barnard and Revell could set the league alight, one hasn't played and the other has only had one start...

The frustration for me maybe that we clearly had the player who was up to standard but let him go for one reason or another,

Cant be that clearly up to standard as I dont know who you are talking about . Hooper I assume ?

For me he has only had the one good game against Bournemouth ?

We don't need cover at centre-half, we need starting quality.

Who ?

We had pages long complaining threads about barebones and small squads with some people going mental.

The only player I can see being surplus at this moment is Harrold.

Its not over until the HARTSON sings !
Maybe 1 more to complete the jigsaw
You better not be pulling our rag :p

I can't see Tilsno signing Hartson thankfully, but who knows. 1 more to complete the jigsaw, to me the only place that would trully complete the jigsaw would be centre back, so Tilson is after one of these hopefully, either permanent or on loan.

Yorkshire Blue said:
For once I disagree with you YB, unless Hammell goes, I don't think we'll see anyone else going out of the door. I think he's trying to build a sqaud that has cover in every position, hence Kanu coming in as cover for Gower. Could still do with a centre-back but apart from that we're pretty well covered

GK - Orville / Collis

RB - Hunt / Francis

LB - Hammell

CB - Barrett + Clark / Liptak

RM - Black / Scanell

CM - Bailey + Macca / Maher + Moose

LM - Gower / Kanu

CF - Revell + Barnard / Harrold + Charlie Mac

Looks Ok to me for the rest of the season.

Who ?

We had pages long complaining threads about barebones and small squads with some people going mental.

The only player I can see being surplus at this moment is Harrold.

Yes, we had people pulling their hair out, how are we going to score at Bournemouth and Hartlepool with only one striker? How are we going to beat Leeds if we loan out the prolific Gary Hooper.

The fact remains that you only need 16 players on match day. What is the point in having 5 strikers, when only 3 of them are likely to see any first team action? What is the point in having 4 wingers, when only 3 of them are likely to get playing time? Maybe Maher will go off on loan to get "match fitness" maybe everyone's wishes will come true and we'll sell Harrold. As it stands we're going to have players kicking their heels in the reserves, without even a place on the bench for their 5 minute run-out. All that does is breed discontentment.

Yes, we had people pulling their hair out, how are we going to score at Bournemouth and Hartlepool with only one striker? How are we going to beat Leeds if we loan out the prolific Gary Hooper.

The fact remains that you only need 16 players on match day. What is the point in having 5 strikers, when only 3 of them are likely to see any first team action? What is the point in having 4 wingers, when only 3 of them are likely to get playing time? Maybe Maher will go off on loan to get "match fitness" maybe everyone's wishes will come true and we'll sell Harrold. As it stands we're going to have players kicking their heels in the reserves, without even a place on the bench for their 5 minute run-out. All that does is breed discontentment.

There is just NO pleasing some people :rolleyes:

Back