• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly up for award

Andy_Shrimp

First XI
According to OS - MOM for Jan. Well deserved given his ability to give Steve McQueen a run for his money

Sorry don't know how to do links

It's just great that, after our dismal first third of this season and our stuttering attempts to get things started again, Tilly is once again being talked about as the successful manager we've always known him to be.

For me, Tilson is the only choice when you consider just how far we've come in just four weeks. If he is still struggling to make things happen off the pitch in terms of the right players, then what better result than an award for what he's achieved ON it.

I think Derby's manager will get it after winning all their games in Jans & beating us 1-0 at Root-Hall. If Tilson is going to win a manager of month award, I hope its in March when we face Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Burnley & Hull!

I think you're right Murkey, and it probably will go to Billy Davies. In terms of available resources, our respective positions in the table and our comparative squads, it's difficult for me to see Derby's boss as being more deserving.

I'd certainly take it in March though - good point.

The Manager of the Month curse is a load of bollocks if you ask me, I would like to see stats for how many times a manager has actually lost the next game after getting the award!

I think Derby's manager will get it after winning all their games in Jans & beating us 1-0 at Root-Hall. If Tilson is going to win a manager of month award, I hope its in March when we face Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Burnley & Hull!

but maybe getting sent off twice in that period won't do his cause any great favour!!

I think it shows just how far we have come in the last couple of months. And I do hope Tilson gets it because he diserves it!

well done stevey. saw his acting debut on dream team. he should get an oscar! wouldn't mind letting than sean campbell a trial.

Well deserved if he gets it, its been a fantastic month and little short of miraculous given our previous form and the teams we have played and beaten!

A similar run next month will make me a very happy bunny!!

The Manager of the Month curse is a load of bollocks if you ask me, I would like to see stats for how many times a manager has actually lost the next game after getting the award!

Spot on. 442 did a survey on all the 'football myths' of which this was one. They discovered that, surprise surprise, the result spread of the next game was the same as that for the one before the award.

Spot on. 442 did a survey on all the 'football myths' of which this was one. They discovered that, surprise surprise, the result spread of the next game was the same as that for the one before the award.

Speaking of FFT, the "And another thing..." article in this month's issue (FFT151) focusses on the East and has fans from Col Ewe, Norwich, Ipswich and Us.

Quite a good article although we get a bit of a bashing...

Back