• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MC BLUES

First XI
Well, let's hope their big row following the game against Rovers will clear the air and not develop into anything worse, forcing one of them to go?!

All started when Ron went into the dressing room at the end of the game to register his disgust. Tilly didn't like it and needless to say, a heated exchange took place!

This will either clear the air OR be the precurser to massive change!

Either way, in many ways, perhaps it's not such a bad thing?!

Personally, I hope it clears the air and gives everyone, including the Management and players, a kick up the backside, as things, including discipline, have been slipping of late!

I'm quite sorry really to be the bearer of a bit of doom and gloom here, but it's clear that Ron expects better and I don't think this should come as such a great surprise?!

I thought long and hard about posting this, but I have decided to do so, as I feel that we, the paying supporters, do deserve to know what's going on, particularly following such an inept display played out in a slightly controversial atmosphere!

Maybe it was the 'anti chants' that fired Ron up to do what he did?!

What, you mean they had a heated exchange in front of the players in the dressing room after the game?

Seem to recall that Ron did that after the league game at Barnsley last season (beg. of Dec) but there was no talk then of Tilson having a pop back.

This may be what Mel Slack For England was alluding to earlier....
If it's true it's hardly a professional approach from either Tilly or Ron...

The players deserve it, and frankly with the amount of money Ron has parted with in the last couple of seasons he has every right to intervene.

This at least shows that he cares.

I dont know how heated it was, or what was really said, but I do know that RM came in the dressing room and threaten to sack them all ( and for what its worth I fuking agree with him)

I would also agree with him if he now said he was going to put his money were his mouth is and let Tilly bring some players in who are clearly upto League One football

I say we let them slug it out in a boxing match.

If Tilly KO's Ron then Ron gives us loads of cash to spend, if Ron wallops Tilly then Tilly has to run naked about town in a dunce's hat, saying "I'm a crap manager"

:rolleyes:

To be fair to Tilly, it was probably the last he needed after that performance, the chairman coming in giving his two pennies worth

for whats its worth I know managers are there to manage and all that but fuk it if RM wants to let them all know his feelings about results then I think he has every right to. I have every faith in Tilly I just beleave we havent signed the quality we have needed to when players have left. I think you have got to take the ruff with the smooth with Tilly, a great honest passionate manager who is still learning. and then there are the negatives about tactics substitutions etc its parce the parsol of the game.

To be fair to Tilly, it was probably the last he needed after that performance, the chairman coming in giving his two pennies worth

fortunately it's not his two pennies worth... it's his millions and millions worth. he has a right to do what he did and fortunately (unlike other chairmen) i think it was well timed. I'm sure Tilly has the full backing of RM and vice versa but the last few weeks just haven't cut the mustard. if Tilly needed a kick up the bum then fair enough, he needs to actually get one and fortunately it seems RM was willing to do it. what i don't think can ever be doubted is that they all want to see SUFC do well and so i reckon we'll very quickly see a reaction from the players and management in both results and movements in and out of the squad

This may be what Mel Slack For England was alluding to earlier....
If it's true it's hardly a professional approach from either Tilly or Ron...

1. 'if its true'

and

2. its entierly professional from ron to show his passion, sometimes you have to go down to the players level and give them a rant and rave

....whats not profesional is tilly having a pop back - thats almost suicide!

for whats its worth I know managers are there to manage and all that but fuk it if RM wants to let them all know his feelings about results then I think he has every right to. I have every faith in Tilly I just beleave we havent signed the quality we have needed to when players have left. I think you have got to take the ruff with the smooth with Tilly, a great honest passionate manager who is still learning. and then there are the negatives about tactics substitutions etc its parce the parsol of the game.

I think that pretty much sums it up actually. If Ron has gone in and said a few harsh truths, then it's just what the team needs. They may have played a few games over the Christmas period, they may be knackered, they may be feeling a little sorry for themselves after not getting what they deserved against Gillingham, but they're professional footballers who are paid to produce results for the club and its fans.

Ron would've been right to say his piece, and after Saturday's performance, which of us wouldn't have done the same?

Let's hope it's cleared the air and everyone can now get focused on doing what needs to be done.

Back