• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly's Plymouth Preview

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Just watched the manager's preview video on Bluesworld. I thought it was fantastic to hear Tilson sounding so positive about everything. Hopefully this positivity will rub off on the players. There's no doubting we've been missing a bit of quality throughout the side this season but I think a Southend side playing with confidence and fight is good enough to stay up. I know there are people on here that believe we're kidding ourselves if we think survival is still achievable. However as Tilly says until we're mathematically down everyone needs to keep positive. Cheer the lads on for me throughout. The dissertation's due in on Friday so my hands are tied on missing this one.

apologies I took so long thinking up what to say someone beat me to it.
Damn you John Tosh

no worries but it's a pretty exciting and positive interview, it's got all us fired up and fingers cross it will have the same effect on the players!

Strange things happen in football, all we can do is hope the team give it their all on Saturday and hope Leeds and Hull lose, which is very possible this week.

If we can come out of this weekend level on points with Leeds and Hull its going to at least give us a chance.

Apologies for the following negative reply . . .

It is all good and well Tilly remaining positive and calling for the players to go into the game with 'no fear' however surely this is a bit too late ? If this statement had been released a few weeks ago (i.e. prior to the Col U game) then I would have praised the positivity from Tilly - but now ???

If we had 11 AB's in the team then of course we would be the most positive and confident team in the division however we have 4-5 first team regulars who more often than not are simply not up for the fight and tend to hide in a box at the first sign of pressure - no words that Tilly comes out with will alter their mentality !

Apologies for the following negative reply . . .

It is all good and well Tilly remaining positive and calling for the players to go into the game with 'no fear' however surely this is a bit too late ? If this statement had been released a few weeks ago (i.e. prior to the Col U game) then I would have praised the positivity from Tilly - but now ???

If we had 11 AB's in the team then of course we would be the most positive and confident team in the division however we have 4-5 first team regulars who more often than not are simply not up for the fight and tend to hide in a box at the first sign of pressure - no words that Tilly comes out with will alter their mentality !

Name and shame the first team regulars that aren't up for the fight.

Mmmmm?

I know Tilly sounds like he is really positive and he is being positive, but what did you expect?

Something more like this......

"Well, the lads heads went down after the Barnsley game, and we've all given up to be honest. I think we'll get stuffed at Plymouth tomorrow, 3 or 4-0. But what do you expect we aren't really good enough at this level".

Joking aside Tilly was never gonna come out and say that it was all over, was he?

- G

Back