• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TILSON AFTER NEW STRIKER (Sporting Life)

jackspratt

Youth Team
I Know he has said it before from today's Sporting Life
http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...8/03/16/manual_124454.html&TEAMHD=nationwide2
Southend manager Steve Tilson admitted he is still on the lookout for a new striker, despite watching his side snatch all three points with a 2-1 win at Huddersfield.
Alan McCormack's stoppage-time winner boosted the Shrimpers play-off hopes and Tilson revealed that he is still hoping to add to his attacking options.
He said: "We will always look to improve and if the right player comes along, then we would be interested.
"I'm happy with what I have got, but I would like to bring another one in. If we can get someone in who scores a few goals, we will be laughing."
He added: "It's a fantastic three points for us. We should have been two or three goals up at the break. In the second half, they had more territory and caused us all sorts of problems. I thought we would get a draw, but to get the winner was tremendous.
"If we keep the run going, we have a great chance of making the top six. We don't have to worry about what others are doing - we are on a decent run, and with nine games left, it's in our hands."

Tin helmets now on, to shelter from the "Eastwood to return on loan" v "We don't want him back even if he's desperate" brigade!

I think Tilson looks at the wrong end in games doesnt see what a mess the defence are at set pieces.
Now Mulgrew's injured who will play left back Barrett? in the Middle Francis recall Hunt Right back ? Liptak in the middle of defence

my girlfriend is a stoke fan and she said they went in for sir freddy eastwood but got turned down and was allowed to take jay bothroyd instead i think if freddy had gone stoke they would have won promotion easily!

my girlfriend is a stoke fan and she said they went in for sir freddy eastwood but got turned down and was allowed to take jay bothroyd instead i think if freddy had gone stoke they would have won promotion easily!

How would Fred have coped with playing in a "lump it up the park" style of team though? He might have found a lot of the play passed him by to be honest!

I think Tilson looks at the wrong end in games doesnt see what a mess the defence are at set pieces.

Tilson has stated already that he isnt overly bothered though by that and the percentage of goals we concede from set pieces isnt anything untoward.

Did alright for you lot...

If we didn't know you, we'd react to that little "gem"!

What's up? Realised you might have lost your title as resident coherent rival fan who can argue a solid case but still (generally) show respect for the team of the site you're are visiting? :doh:

carolholahvj3.jpg

tillygl7.jpg

"Like I say, striker please, Carol. And another. And another..."

Now Mulgrew's injured who will play left back Barrett? in the Middle Francis recall Hunt Right back ? Liptak in the middle of defence
Never questioned Tilson judgement before, but surely letting Hunt go means no cover at centre back,unless you move players out off there normal postions. Ok the never gets a game Hungarian, but come on. Looking for a striker,centre half please.

So what if he's not worried about the goals we concede from set-pieces? He should be.

If we didn't know you, we'd react to that little "gem"!

What's up? Realised you might have lost your title as resident coherent rival fan who can argue a solid case but still (generally) show respect for the team of the site you're are visiting? :doh:

**** off ****ing **** you **** ***** who ****s ***** on the very precipice of reality, and **** ****ing 6-odd years **** ****er to a wombat, of all creatures.

Back