• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson Canaries Poser

NZamba Legend

Deep-lying playmaker ⭐
When Norwich inevitably sack Peter Grant in the next month or so it will be interesting to see whether Tilson is shortlisted for the post again, and whether or not RM will again refuse the approach. Tilson was unhappy last season about not being allowed to speak to them, could a similar scenario emerge in the coming weeks and threaten to derail our resurgence?

Hopefully they'll shoot themselves in the foot once again and rush to appoint the currently available 'maverick' media favourite and perennial nearly-man Martin Allen.

Last edited:
good point... i would imagine he is shortlisted but still think T&B have unfinished business here and surely they would want to take the team into the new stadium!?

Don't think Norwich can afford to sack Grant with all their money troubles right now!

Good point though, the longer we're in the mix in L1, the more likely it is somebody will remember how good a manager Tilly is and ask to speak to him (hopefully by then the stadium will be all go and as RM said in his call to arms "he can make the club fly" & Tilly won't want to go anywhere.

Plus, for all we know, the Canaries thing was part of Tilly's bargaining in getting a slightly better long-term contract for him & Brushy? Is it 2010 they're contracted up to now?

As a footnote I see John Ward's left Cheltenham today to become Carlisle manager with a six figure compensation sum agreed!

Don't think they'll sack Grant, but if they do I would imagine Tilly will still be on the shortlist as he was last year. I'd fully expect Ron to refuse the approach as well.

Nigel Clough is doing a great job for Burton Albion in the Conference.

Be very surprised if a league club don't offer him a job soon.

As is Stimmo (see my post in ex-Shrimpers!)

Agreed. I'd rate Stimson slightly above Clough - the team he built at Grays was superb and they really should have gone up into the league a couple of seasons ago. He looks to have created a similarly neat and effective side at Stevenage as well.

Isn't Tilson one of THE faces on the Essex table tennis scene?

I don't know the bloke personally but I don't think he could walk away from that.

Last edited:
Back