• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson fails to sign McGleish

Now on Official site
sad.gif

Something doesn't add up here. How do Northampton have so much money to throw around? They are subject to the Division Three wage cap, as are we. Their gates last season were bigger than ours but not significantly, plus apparantly we have one of the best non-matchday incomes in the Division.

I have to admit that I am becoming a little frustrated with the way this pre-season is panning out, I am aware there is a long time to go and Tilson will have contingency plans in place, but the early signs are ominous in my opinion. With Cort leaving, I hope the club will step up their efforts to keep Warren.

They have a wealthy benefactor who is putting money into the club and providing that this money is given and not loaned it is used when working out the wage cap figure

In that case I stand corrected (or, in these post-Taylor days, sit quietly in my seat corrected)

In today's Echo, Tilson says that -

"We held talks with him and he accepted our terms. I was pretty sure that he was going to sign but Northampton came right at the death and offered him more money. He ended up there but that's football at the end of the day and we need to move on."

Sounds like we were being used as a benchmark to get more money out of the Cobblers
sad.gif

Back