• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson is after Paul huntingdon

i know a friend of a friend who plays golf with tilly on the same day as clarke left the club and he was telling me that tilly was getting lots & lots of phone calls and one of the phone calls was " ring me back at 5 , and the player i want is huntindon" ( most probablly the leeds player) he aslo told my mate that he is getting realy annoyed with ron for not giving him and no money and he says he doesnt really have much hope for promotion next season because ron being a tight ***.
my mate also asking him about the vacant swansea job at the time and tillys response was " would be nice at least i have some money to spend"

Considering that Tilson valued Robinson at 50k, and RM authorised a bid of £100k for the player, it would indicate that your story is, largely, Bull ****.

I think Ill put this next to the rumor I was told today..................wait for it..............EDDIE STOBART IS INTERESTED IN BUYING SOUTHEND....I swear it gets worse every pre season

Considering that Tilson valued Robinson at 50k, and RM authorised a bid of £100k for the player, it would indicate that your story is, largely, Bull ****.

Absolutely - I find it hard to believe that Tilly would bandy that sort of criticism publicly. Huntington, however, is a semi-believable target, albeit another Norvenah.

I think Ill put this next to the rumor I was told today..................wait for it..............EDDIE STOBART IS INTERESTED IN BUYING SOUTHEND....I swear it gets worse every pre season

Hey Leeblue! Wasn't too convinced by B&scb's story........but there again you've lost a bit of credence.........still waiting for the transfer news that was due on Friday............any updates???

Hey Leeblue! Wasn't too convinced by B&scb's story........but there again you've lost a bit of credence.........still waiting for the transfer news that was due on Friday............any updates???

will update tommorrow morn soz and all that, with regards to the eddie stobart thing, someone I know told me today that someone he knew told him eddie stobart was interested in buying the club, once I finished choking on my udercooked bbq burger I did say I thought that highly unlikely

will update tommorrow morn soz and all that, with regards to the eddie stobart thing, someone I know told me today that someone he knew told him eddie stobart was interested in buying the club, once I finished choking on my udercooked bbq burger I did say I thought that highly unlikely

Another sleepless night ;)

Oddly, that may not be as far fetched as you think..... They recently bought Southend Airport, and anyone who has driven alongside there recently will not have failed to see all the work Stobart Rail are carrying out on alongside the train track, presumeably in preperation for erecting some kind of station/depot.

Granted, it's a hell of a leap from obtaining an airport which could prove instrumental in improving the operations of a major haulage and logistics firm to buying a League One football club, but who knows!! :)

Its true he was after him but not sure thats still the case. Also there is hardly any money to spend and there is a wage cap at the club so its hard to try and get the players he wants in.

i know a friend of a friend who plays golf with tilly on the same day as clarke left the club and he was telling me that tilly was getting lots & lots of phone calls and one of the phone calls was " ring me back at 5 , and the player i want is huntindon" ( most probablly the leeds player) he aslo told my mate that he is getting realy annoyed with ron for not giving him and no money and he says he doesnt really have much hope for promotion next season because ron being a tight ***.
my mate also asking him about the vacant swansea job at the time and tillys response was " would be nice at least i have some money to spend"

Don't ask me how I know but that is a complete load of boolocks. And you know it............****.

Oddly, that may not be as far fetched as you think..... They recently bought Southend Airport, and anyone who has driven alongside there recently will not have failed to see all the work Stobart Rail are carrying out on alongside the train track

That may not be quite as it seems though. There were meant to be engineering works this weekend to sort out the overhead cabling for the new station but they were cancelled at the last minute.

Whilst Paul Huntingdon is a realistic target, I very much doubt this story to be honest. I doubt Tilson, or any other manager for that matter, would slag of their boss like this.

As for the RM giving him no money, well thats obviously bollocks as he put in a bid of £100K for Robinson not too long ago.

Whilst Paul Huntingdon is a realistic target, I very much doubt this story to be honest. I doubt Tilson, or any other manager for that matter, would slag of their boss like this.

As for the RM giving him no money, well thats obviously bollocks as he put in a bid of £100K for Robinson not too long ago.

Easy to bid 100k for a player when there is already higher bids on the table..........so no chance of it really being accepted.......................
We could have bid 40 million for kaka no chance in getting him when a bid of 50 + million already accepted.
But if Ron said he did then fools like you would beleive it.

Last edited:
Easy to bid 100k for a player when there is already higher bids on the table..........so no chance of it really being accepted.......................
We could have bid 40 million for kaka no chance in getting him when a bid of 50 + million already accepted.
But if Ron said he did then fools like you would beleive it.
I really hate know all numptys like you.

Who said he bid after the other Clubs went in for him? The fact is nobody on here knows if we bid first, last or didn't even make a bid.

Nice to see I've made an impression on you.

Back