• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson is totally clued up

Dustybin

Youth Team
Right, I'm fed up over the negative comments that have crept back in this week. I thought they had disappeared over Christmas. In response to the "oh why haven't we signed more people" I can't be bothered to go over the arguments again. However I think we are all in agreement that Foran and McCormack are brilliant and inspired signings and I for one would rather have 2 excellent signings than 5 average ones.

Also cast your minds back a few years...
1) Where were we going before Ron Martin invested into the club? Heading towards bankruptcy!
2) Where were we going before Steve Tilson became our manager?
Straight out of the football league!

And people have the nerve to moan that we might get relegated from the CHAMPIONSHIP!!
Quite frankly that's an insult to everyone who has been working within the club these last few years and to all the real supporters of SUFC

Right, I'm fed up over the negative comments that have crept back in this week. I thought they had disappeared over Christmas. In response to the "oh why haven't we signed more people" I can't be bothered to go over the arguments again. However I think we are all in agreement that Foran and McCormack are brilliant and inspired signings and I for one would rather have 2 excellent signings than 5 average ones.

1) Where were we going before Ron Martin invested into the club? Heading towards bankruptcy!

And people have the nerve to moan that we might get relegated from the CHAMPIONSHIP!!
Quite frankly that's an insult to everyone who has been working within the club these last few years and to all the real supporters of SUFC

Totally agree and even if we are relagated, the Team,Tilly, Ron and background staff have done a superb job over these past few seasons.

Probably 95% of us completely agree with you. Those who question Tilly and co's commitment and desire to keep us up are quite clearly insane.

BUT, please can we stop using the "we'd be in the Conference without Tilly" card. It may very well be true but its use in the current context is becoming irritating and non-sensical. Every supporter of Tilson and the team is quite within their right to analyse our current situation and the reasons we're very likely to be relegated. This is not a slight on Tilson or anyone else at the club.

Probably 95% of us completely agree with you. Those who question Tilly and co's commitment and desire to keep us up are quite clearly insane.

BUT, please can we stop using the "we'd be in the Conference without Tilly" card. It may very well be true but its use in the current context is becoming irritating and non-sensical. Every supporter of Tilson and the team is quite within their right to analyse our current situation and the reasons we're very likely to be relegated. This is not a slight on Tilson or anyone else at the club.

Conference ? Surely wiggy would of been in charge by then......Ok I'l shut up now.:o

Every supporter of Tilson and the team is quite within their right to analyse our current situation and the reasons we're very likely to be relegated. This is not a slight on Tilson or anyone else at the club.

I agree with you 100% about everyone's right to analyse our current predicament and I'm all for constructive analysis. However unfortunately a lot of this analysis does seem to turn into slights on Tilson and the club which annoys me.
I'm just speaking up for the silent majority :D

I have complete faith in tilly and brush and feel that if anyone can save us from relegation it will be them! However, I am fed up of people harking on about our bad times a few years ago! If southend lose, in whatever league we are in, i will analyse their performance and if it was rubbush im goin to say it was rubbish! Relegation will not be, in my opinion, awful as i feel something big is building at southend!

Absolutely right. I am as depressed as the next person about last night, but it's not like we're going down without a fight. We were great for the first hour of last night!

This is just football being a pain in the ****, not the advent of the apocalypse.

Absolutely right. I am as depressed as the next person about last night, but it's not like we're going down without a fight. We were great for the first hour of last night!

This is just football being a pain in the ****, not the advent of the apocalypse.

Although I did see advertised in The Guardian jobs page today a job advertisement for an additional Horseman of the Apocalypse. The job is to be based in Southend.

Spot on mate!!

Back