• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TILSON MUST HAVE KNOWN

petejan

First XI
STEVE TILSON must have had a strong smell of a rat why else would he have been looking for a new striker . I fell sorry for the guy he is on a hideing to nothing . GOOD LUCK FOR YOU SEARCH FOR PLAYERS .

Yes he probably knew what Constintine and his agents were like and thought their was not much chance of him signing so he started looking for a foward early just in case.

But tilly Must must try to keep maher, keeping him will give  a huge morale booster to the club!

Who are the players agents? do any of them have the same agents e.g the two leons?

Of course he must of known but i think he said that because he wanted leon to look like the bad person in all of this when in actual fact its the clubs fault because if we wanted to keep him we should have offered him a new contract before the season ended.

Just rember STEVE TILSON didnt have a contract himself untill the last game of the season .So he had to wait untill the end of the season untill he could put offers on the table . We have heard it before the blame falls on RON MARTINS shoulders not TILLYS .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ May 22 2004,09:35)]We have heard it before the blame falls on RON MARTINS shoulders not TILLYS .
No it doesn't. How could we negotiate new contracts for people when we didn't know if we would be playing Conference football next season until a few games before the end of this one?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ May 22 2004,09:35)]... the blame falls on RON MARTINS shoulders not TILLYS .
Why?!

If the club cannot afford to meet the increased demands of a non-contracted player then we have to accept that. Would you rather the club put itself into an even worse financial situation by dishing out money that it simply hasn't got?

WS

We are a 3rd division side, we will always lose our best players like this, our players aren't the main thing as I've said it is Tilly who can get the players to play to their potential and above for Southend United.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 22 2004,10:49)]We are a 3rd division side ...
Exactly. And a struggling one at that, both on and off the pitch. We are in no position to start throwing money about ...

WS

W S the answer to your question about finances is I know cash is tight spend it wisely . But it was RON MARTIN that said quote I want to see our team back in the first divison where he feels we belong . Well I am sorry but the only way to do that is to spend a little on players to keep them at the club .Do you not agree he is the man with the purse strings .

the other thing to bear in mind is that I've never been convinced Tilly was a Constantine fan. I seem to remeber him not being in the team when Tilly first got appointed. I therefore think Tilly may well have said to the board,this is what I think Constantine is worth and if he doesn't want it I'll get someone as good if not better.
The times I saw Constantine I thought he was OK but nothing more. He's scored a lot of goals but generally I think this was a blip he'll struggle to repeat.
It really isn't the end of the world amd I'd be more disappointed if the board had agreed to pay over the top for an average player.
We must live within our means.

I beg to differ .It was during the reign of DAVID WEBB that connie was left out of the side .And maybe that was when webb was in charge of BRENTFORD that he and connie didnt get on .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ May 22 2004,14:50)]Do you not agree he is the man with the purse strings .
The purse strings of an empty purse!

And with regards to wages, ultimately... the answer is 'no'. The football league have a tight grip on them!

Fear not, for next season Tes will step up to the plate and finally realise the potential that he has.

Back