• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson on BBC essex

Badger74

Manager
Tilson said that it was no way crawfords goal and if it was he would eat a hat. Well Mr.Tilson 2 things, first point having reviewed footage it clearly comes off crawford shoulder and is his goal!!! The second point is that it was crawford debut and he is a forward so to get your first goal is so important to get confidence so why Tilson would you go on about not being his goal. Is this why all our strikers lack confidence!!!! Past and present

so when are you going to eat your hat

thats a nice bit of confidence building towards a young striker, well done tilson, any striker claims the goal even if they didnt get the last touch, a certain Alan Shearer was a master at it.

Tilson said that it was no way crawfords goal and if it was he would eat a hat. Well Mr.Tilson 2 things, first point having reviewed footage it clearly comes off crawford shoulder and is his goal!!! The second point is that it was crawford debut and he is a forward so to get your first goal is so important to get confidence so why Tilson would you go on about not being his goal. Is this why all our strikers lack confidence!!!! Past and present

Or could this just be a tenuous reason to start a thread that has a go at Tilson. :unsure:

I couldn't agree more, if I were Tilson I'd be saying almost anything to get him to come here permanantely. It makes me cringe when I see how well our past strikers are performing away from this club (Freddy excluded but thats not his fault). You do wonder if their new managers build goal scoring opportunities around their individual abilities where as here their expected to mold and adapt their game around the established providers that are here already.The amount of headers that Paynter seems to get now, which isn't a skill he just learnt overnight, its something he is now being provided with regually but denied whilst here.

Or could this just be a tenuous reason to start a thread that has a go at Tilson. :unsure:

I have only once questioned should Tilly be at the club and that was last week on here when I put a post on here that said if we did not beat stockport than tilly should walk. However we did beat them so i am now backing tilly again

He still should of been raving about crawford though!!!

I have only once questioned should Tilly be at the club and that was last week on here when I put a post on here that said if we did not beat stockport than tilly should walk. However we did beat them so i am now backing tilly again

Because we scored a last minute winner his job is safe in your opinion?

Crawford put in a decent performance yesterday, full of running and enthusiasm as should be exptected from a youngster starting out on his career. He also showed some good touches and control. I don't wish to sound negative but he's got lots to learn to progress, in particular his inability to head or get near a header. Yesterday his efforts in the air were woeful, because of situation he'll get another chance at Southampton, and with a full pre season training in the summer who knows.

Out of the three youth players that have made the team this season (O'Keefe, Herd & Crawford), O'Keefe IMO looks the most assured.

maybe you should eat the hat from where im sitting right behind the goal i dont have to review footage like you it looked like hand ball from there player as it crossed the line

maybe you should eat the hat from where im sitting right behind the goal i dont have to review footage like you it looked like hand ball from there player as it crossed the line

I thought it was Crawford that hand balled it into the net at the time - have seen it again and I'm still not sure!!

When you see it on sky it clearly Crawford goal. I must admit I thought it was hand ball as well but it clearly not.
You should of gone to spec savers;)

Because we scored a last minute winner his job is safe in your opinion?

Does it matter if the winner is in the 1st minute or last minute. Man Utd won the champs league final in stoppage time. Is that not a real win then?

Had we needed to win to stay up yesterday would you have been upset that we won in the 90th minute.

It doesn't matter, a win is a win, it will give the team a bit of a confidence boost, that is until Tilly opens his mouth and knocks them down again (allegedly)

so in your eyes Tilly's future rested on one completely pointless nothing game?

Or it's just the usual banter that goes on in a club. I've seen some over-reactions on this board but suggesting that Tilson denying Crawford his goal is going to ruin his confidence is up there with the best of them.

If that's going to get him down, just wait until certain parts of the Roots Hall 'faithful' rip into him once his honeymoon period is over.

Perspective anyone?

Whether he got the final touch or not, at least he put the defender under pressure.
The second goal came from a Southend throw-in which wasn't! The ball plainly came off Moose but the officials gave the throw to us. Stockport can consider themselves a tad unlucky.

i think we should show tilly the footage and film him eating his hat.

banner for southampton anyway. or a chant of 'tilly wat you hat, tilly tilly eat your hat.

could be pretty funny

Back