• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson on Blues World

south247

Coach⭐
The way ST was speaking on Blues World suggests to me that Jean Yves Mvoto is very much in his thoughts come January. This sort of suggests a further loan period and the way he hasn't gone back officially makes me think he will be back until end of season. Thoughts??

The way ST was speaking on Blues World suggests to me that Jean Yves Mvoto is very much in his thoughts come January. This sort of suggests a further loan period and the way he hasn't gone back officially makes me think he will be back until end of season. Thoughts??

I agree with you, it has also been rumoured that he could be back in training before Christmas, which means of course that he could feature against Col Ewe and Borient, now wouldn't that be a Christmas present? UTB

I wonder who will get the metal tool round the back of the knee treatment to allow him to sign a new deal?

I wonder who will get the metal tool round the back of the knee treatment to allow him to sign a new deal?

to be honest I'd let Tiger Woods missus kneecap me with a golfclub if it meant we could get Mvoto back for the rest of the season

Nice to have some positive news on the injury front. Both Sankofa and more importantly
Laurent were training today. Could we see him on the bench tomorrow night, or is that a bit early? Tilly re-itterated that Jabo is NOT a wide player but a centre forward.........I suppose that means we'll see him on the wing, replacing Laurent! More seriously, it would seem a reasonable bet that Ibehre and Barnard will start up front.
For Charlton on Saturday we shall have Grant back and hopefully Laurent.......gives us a few more options.........we will probably need them.
Is it stupid to say that the injury to M'voto makes it more likely that his stay will be extended. He is going to take a bit of time to get back to match fitness..........don't think it's going to help him being back at Sunderland. Let's keep fingers crossed that we can keep him for the rest of the season.

But if Laurent suddenly returns, can Ibehre still play? I'm failing to figure out what happens with the loan signings if the players they've replaced are fit again....

I think M'Voto will definately be returning in January, if the embargo is all sorted.

Sunderland loaned him out for half a season, to get games under his belt at this level and if he'd done well they would have looked to step it up with him and send him into the Championship, and possibly Roy Keane's Ipswich. Seeing as the first half of the season has been a write off for him, and Sunderland, it makes sense for him to stay with us.

But if Laurent suddenly returns, can Ibehre still play? I'm failing to figure out what happens with the loan signings if the players they've replaced are fit again....

Horrible feeling time. They will play and we will get saddled with a 3 point penalty for fielding an ineligible player. Hope someone has done their homework in the admin dept.

Horrible feeling time. They will play and we will get saddled with a 3 point penalty for fielding an ineligible player. Hope someone has done their homework in the admin dept.

Interesting thought and something that's crossed my mind too.As you say let's hope that someone in the club knows what the necessary paperwork is.
But it's surely about time we were actually told in the form of some announcement on the OS,isn't it?

M'voto was having physio recently at Boots and Laces training ground, he is still around

14 pro players seems to be the benchmark, below that we can get short term emergency loan in. If in the meantime said players recover from injuries inside the months loan period then i believe we can keep loaned player for full monthly period.

Does anyone know whats happening with the transfer embargo. Surely its sorted by now, but apparently we are still embargo'd. Are we just waiting for the nod from the FA?

Thanks for the clear up. Sad to hear we still owe yet more money that we havent paid.

I wish it was a clear up. Sadly we are all guessing really or going by titbits of information that people hear. The only way to know for sure would be a statement from the club and for whatever reason that hasn't been forthcoming. Saying that, some people wouldn't believe that either!

Then why can't Joyce make the bench?

We can only register one player if we de-register another. So goodness only knows what we'll do when Laurent and Ibrehe are both available on saturday.

Back