• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson on Facebook

palexander

Life President
... Paula that is.

One to keep an eye on. The Southend Fan page (official?) has comments posted on it and one is this from Paula Tilson (wife/sister?);

Paula Tilson said:
helen steve had his hands tied he couldnt do anything without rons say so or money so please get ur facts straight

Might be interesting to keep an eye on for any inside info.

Before than, I wrote out quite a big reply to some of the absolutely stupid comments on there (i.e. saying basically "Sturrock gets one chance, when he ****s up I'm calling for Tilson back") etc - and I stated my own personal view of Tilsons shortcomings.

I accidentally pressed the back button though and lost it all before I could post it... probably best I did now!

yep i am his sister, looks like him with a wig on lol, well ive not heard that one before...

yep i am his sister, looks like him with a wig on lol, well ive not heard that one before...

Hi Paula. Any Tilson that is related to Steve is most welcome on here.
Most of us are absolutely gutted that Steve is no longer our manager. We also feel that he had no tools to work with(apart from Ron Martin) and that he was so loyal to Southend when other clubs were after him, it's a shame he wasn't shown the same loyalty. A lot of players are now coming out and saying that Steve was the best manager they had ever played for. The buck is being passed and he is being blamed for relegation, but the majority of fans know it wasn't his fault. Since watching football in the Seventies, I have never seen such an angry reaction to a manager losing his job after relegation. Normally all the fans want the manager to go.

Us Southend fans are in it for the long haul, so of course we will get behind the new management team. But we are still gutted for Steve and we will never forget the great times he gave us and his tireless work for the club and in the community.

thanks for ur message we r all gutted about my bruvs departure, but life goes on, ron will get his come uppance and steve will get his say so watch this space

Back