• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next.......

Holloway would be an excellent appointment not sure how may Bristol Rovers, QPR and Plymouth fans would consider him a failure he had almost 40% win ratio's at each club.

Please also tell me what was Tilson's Managerial record prior to Managing Southend????

Managers don't have to be experienced in the Lower Divisions, Look at Paul Ince, Roberto Di Matteo, Darren Ferguson. If Ron Martin does decide to get rid of Tilson, we need to be careful of who we appoint as manager, i don't think appointing someone who have failed in previous jobs would do us any good. But i think Tilson can get us out of this mess, not had much money to spend so he has had to get these average players in and young loan signings in. To be honest i dont think we will go down, but i do think we are in a relegation fight. Next season i do belive Tilson will have to bring in Loan signings for the end of the season, not players for 2/3 months. If we had Sawyer, Harding and Kanu on loan for the season maybe we wouldnt be were we are at this moment in time.

Holloway would be an excellent appointment not sure how may Bristol Rovers, QPR and Plymouth fans would consider him a failure he had almost 40% win ratio's at each club.

Please also tell me what was Tilson's Managerial record prior to Managing Southend????

The same as Darren Fergusons at Peterborough = zero, as both clubs boards realised that an established 'name' did'nt guarantee sucess. If Holloway is a sucess then how come he has'nt been appointed by any of the clubs who have outed their manager this season?.

Ok cool you want Tilly to I respect that but what more can he do? You not think he has done everything he could and got us as fair as he can, I have no idea who could replace him or who we could get but I do think a little shake up in the ranks could see a slight improvement in the side, so the good old saying in with the new out with the old

Yeah, now in English??

The same as Darren Fergusons at Peterborough = zero, as both clubs boards realised that an established 'name' did'nt guarantee sucess. If Holloway is a sucess then how come he has'nt been appointed by any of the clubs who have outed their manager this season?.

Not sure what your point is?

I was replying to a previous post that suggested that Holloway was a repetative failure - which by looking at his record is wrong. The reason Holloway has no been appointed by other clubs is that there is serious competition for each post. Are you also suggesting the likes of Boothroyd are also failures??

Agree an established name does not bring success however it is also worth noing that just because a Manager has been a failure at another club does not mean that he will fail a Southend.

When Southend appoint there next Manager albeit next week or ten years time it will be a gamble.

Andy Scott
Mark Stimson
Ian Holloway
Steve Cotterill
Carlton Palmer

Carlton Palmer??????

Made a great success of the Stockport job (not) and has not worked in football for years now.

Stimson did a great job at Grays under a tyrant of a chairman and is now starting to turn it round at Gillingham. If Tilly did go (and I say if) I would not mind too much if Stimmo or Holloway were the next manager but no ****ing way should Roeder even be allowed in our car park, let alone as manager of the club - as well as being a ***** boss wherever he has been, he is also ex Orient and West Ham, say no more...:nope:

WHAT???

Roeder. You mean the same "manager" who managed to get West Ham relegated with Cole, Ferdinand, Carrick, Defoe, Johnson, James etc in the team and who would not pick Di Canio because they did not get along?

If you really think that Roeder (since sacked by Newcastle and Norwich) is the answer then you really do not know anything about football.

Pathetic that you would even suggest somebody like that as a replacement for Tilly.

i think your find his being sarcastic

no manager would do any better with the funds been given to tilly.....
GET YOUR MONEY OUT RON.

Iain Dowie anyone? Looked to be the next golden boy to emerge from the lower league management circles. Now doing a spot of commentary work for Sky Sports.

no manager would do any better with the funds been given to tilly.....
GET YOUR MONEY OUT RON.

Yawn....how many times?? The money is there...we just cannot attract the players we need to make that step forward as a Club.

Iain Dowie anyone? Looked to be the next golden boy to emerge from the lower league management circles. Now doing a spot of commentary work for Sky Sports.

I think he needs a lesson in Geography, quit Palace to move up north, to erm Charlton. Subsequently booted out of Charlton, Coventry & QPR in pretty quick succession.

Yawn....how many times?? The money is there...we just cannot attract the players we need to make that step forward as a Club.

rubbish if the moneys right the player will come,and tilly cant attract the players without rons backing,martins to blame not tilly.

rubbish if the moneys right the player will come,and tilly cant attract the players without rons backing,martins to blame not tilly.
I agree with you fella.
Of course we can attract players because we have done in the past.
Ron aint giving us money !

The time for change... is definitely not now. Tilly has got to be given faith/funds by RM over the last few days of the window & he & PB should stand/fall over what happens come the end of the season. I believe we will stay up (just), but only if we start scrapping it out now- we are in a dogfight & we need to battle for every point. This means that the likes of Betsy (who never looks that bothered to me) need to be dispensed with immediately, and anyone who's not giving it total commitment should be frozen out.

Yeah but look at Hull. They're in the Premiership now.

So Tilly's had 6 years to get us there and blown it.

Get rid of him and get Glen Roeder I say...

I can't quite believe how many of you folks thought I was being serious!

Im still staggered at the anti-Tilly feeling. People must have very disappointing lifes if they constantly need instant gratification, and would not be willing to show patience and time to someone who has done GREAT things for the club, just because he is having a bad couple of months.

Tilly has shown he is capable of building sides that can compete in league one against the odds. (A championship and a play off place sit well within our overall history). WE now have a very young squad as he builds another team. Id trust Tilson to do that more than anyone else.

One point that has been overlooked though, is that I cannot see us EVER gaining sustained success unless we had someone like Tilly in charge. If we got in a new manager without Tilly's ties to Southend, any success would see them whoring themselves round to the next stepping stone in their career, meaning we would have to start again with a new man.

Back