• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson rewrites Southend's history

Csboy

Manager
Southend's history can now be split into two, the before Tilson was manager and after Tilson was manager.

Before Tilson
6 promotions in 97 years
one 4th Division title
6 seasons in Division 2(Div 1 or Championship whatever you want to call it)
no finals
no play offs
no major cup shocks
no real Cup run

With Tilson
Two promotions
one League one title
one Play off appearance and victory
Two LDV Final appearances
Beating Manchester United
1/4 Final(at least) in major Cup competition
one season so far in Championship

Not forgetting that Tilson played all 6 seasons in Division 2 and played in 2 of the promotion winning side in the before Tilson era.

We should all be so grateful that Tilson was given the job 3 years ago just think how different things might have been without him?
Too think there were a few idiots on here less than a week ago calling for Tilson to be sacked!!These people should be condemned to a lifetime of watching Leyton Orient.

Interesting points - those who wanted Tilly's head last week take note, although they seem to be very quiet this week!!

...........THE ONE THING THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET IS TOP FLIGHT FOOTBALL.READ MY POST FROM ABOUT 1 O'CLOCK THIS MORNING AS TO WHY IT WON'T SUPRISE ME THAT THIS MAN WILL TAKE US THERE

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 10 2006,21:21)]...........THE ONE THING THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET IS TOP FLIGHT FOOTBALL.READ MY POST FROM ABOUT 1 O'CLOCK THIS MORNING AS TO WHY IT WON'T SUPRISE ME THAT THIS MAN WILL TAKE US THERE
I CANT WAIT! GOING TO BAKERS SO IL READ WHEN I GET IN AT 6

Never wanted Tilly out. But i was starting to lose the faith. And tilly has restored that in me and hopefully he will cement that tomorrow.

Csboy - what a brilliant post. a cracking set of statistics which show how much we've achieved in 3 years or so. I can understand people wanting Tilly to do things a bit differently, but to want him sacked for lack of experience is an absolute joke. Why can't we just enjoy what we've got now, and help tilly grow into this new league - as a direct result of the phenomenal work of Sir Stevie Tilson (et al) over the last 3 years we're in the 2nd most supported league in the world, and we're in the 1/4 finals of a major domestic trophy for the first time ever. Let's get behind this utter legend, and give him all the support we can to help him keep us up, cos I want these special times to carry on, so onwards and upwards, with Tilly and Brush...SUFC all the way. C'mon you shrimpers

Back