• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nice of the journalist to raise the question in the leadup to the game. Hope it doesn't distract Tilly between now and 5pm Saturday.

Seriously though, feel sorry for the man, I really do. Telling that Brushy kept counsel pointedly in the foreground.

If we are as skint as they say then id sooner pay the current crop than Tilly anyday, YES he was a great manager for us etc etc but right now the fact is we cant afford to pay him **** i hear even cheques for like £50 are bouncing no NO CHANCE

So if the players have been paid, if the Revenue have been paid, and we are looking to lift the embargo, does this stop it. This bloody Chairman, o when will he bugger of.

Liked the way Tilly used the inferences we,and us in the interview.....Always a Shrimper....................Pay him Ron,NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same situation as with HMRC, and all of our other creditors. We won't pay them until we physically have to in order to keep the club in business/out of administration. Unfortunately morals don't come into it, least of all from Ronald for whom Tilly was just another employee. Like it or not, our ability to pay HMRC will always be prioritised, followed by other more pressing creditors, then the current players and staff, followed lastly by Tilly.

It stinks and is not the way to treat one of the greatest servants this club has ever had but at the moment it seems to be the way we have to operate to keep the club afloat.

Remember that nice Ron Martin who was deeply upset that people were saying nasty things about him. Remember how he (almost) managed to smooth us sceptics over at the Palace Hotel meeting? The man is a property developer and as slippery as they come - there are no limits to the depths he will go and the future of our Club remains in his grubby little hands!!

I really hope Steve goes ahead and reports Martin who needs to be shown up for the way he runs his businesses. I am sure Tilly will get advice from the League Managers Association.

interesting....
IF what is said on the OS is true, then well done Ron for handling it. I suspect this may be down to the difference between "gardening leave" and sacking. If we paid Tilly his basic salary up until when he joined Lincoln (or as the OS says he CHOSE to join Lincoln) then they will say why should they pay him to the end of his contract.

Obviously in football the custom and practice seems to be to pay up a contract (or an agreed proportion) when a manager leaves "by mutual consent" and this is probably where the dispute lies.

Personally, legend or no legend I do not wish to pay Tilly scarce SUFC funds for wages after he has started to draw a salary from another employer.

Someone is not right if one party says they are owed money and the other side say they have been paid.

Well who do you believe? Tilly or Honest Ron ?

The tone of the response is uncalled for too.

interesting....
IF what is said on the OS is true, then well done Ron for handling it. I suspect this may be down to the difference between "gardening leave" and sacking. If we paid Tilly his basic salary up until when he joined Lincoln (or as the OS says he CHOSE to join Lincoln) then they will say why should they pay him to the end of his contract.

Obviously in football the custom and practice seems to be to pay up a contract (or an agreed proportion) when a manager leaves "by mutual consent" and this is probably where the dispute lies.

Personally, legend or no legend I do not wish to pay Tilly scarce SUFC funds for wages after he has started to draw a salary from another employer.

Without knowing the facts it's difficult to comment meaningfully, but the suggestion that Ron deserves any credit or congratulations for his behaviour in this sorry saga, beggars belief.

Back