• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilsons Ability At This Level

Tilsons Ability At This Level -

• Tilson is more then able at this level

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask me at the end of the year

• Tilson is out of his depth

• Total voters
Its not a panic its more of a guage how people are feeling, so hold me close don't let me know oooohhhh no
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ Oct. 02 2006,08:24)]I 'll reserve judgement until the end of the season... too early to tell yet IMO.
Couldn't have done worse with his signings, late substitutions and failure to see that the midfield is the root of the troubles, done well to get us here though with excellent work rate and team spirit.

100% behind Tilson -

I think he has done well to get us here. If we crash and burn with all of 9 points all season then I still stand by him as it was him and Brushys ability that got us here.

I heard mumblings of people moaning about Tilly on Saturday and I felt like butherching the bloke in front of me. We are only here but to his excellent management of the club - Give him time.

His new signings have been mixed but to be honest whilst I think Uncle Ron did well to give him the cash he did I dont think it was enough to build the team we need. I think we all need to give him and the players time to adjust to what is a new level for all of them.

100% behing Tilly and Brush......

DtS  
suspect.gif

To be fair the A list of players tilly wanted didnt materialise probably due to attractive offers from "bigger clubs" I think hes done well to get the likes of ricketts to come.....I think he is still tinkering with the starting line up.....anyone else think we missed the "Paynter man" up front saturday ?

It could be a lot worse i mean look how much other teams have spent and dont have much to show for it ahem Wet spam et al

I'm Sure Tilly will prove all doubters this season wrong and keep us above the water. 120% Tilly all the way!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (David Essex @ Oct. 02 2006,10:09)]anyone else think we missed the "Paynter man" up front saturday ?
By the looks of it we missed Ricketts or Harrold a LOT more.

Tilly has done what most managers would see as a superb achievement raising a club battling relegation in league 2 to getting the club into the championship in straight seasons. We are lucky fans to have gone through that. fans of other clubs we probably wanting to be Southend fans as they watched us rise up the leagues.
Give Tilly time and he will succeed.
smile.gif

O-S

I am 100% behind Tilly but I do question sometimes that he has taken us as far as he can and that we could do well from diffrent more experienced management at this level but it is way to early to tell yet

Mr Trueblue and anyone else who has that little bit of doubt i ask you who would you have to replace Tilly?

I for one am behind Tilly all the way but if he was to go to WBA who would you want in charge?? i know once Chrissy Powell has retired he would like to come back here??

Wondered how long it would be before people start slagging off Tilson. Talk about fickle fans we lose a few games and everyone blames the manager. This being the greatest manager in the clubs history who took the club from the verge of the conference to the Championship in 2 years.

No matter what happens this season Tilson should stay as manager. It took the club years to find a decent manager. Look at the managers we went through people like Newman and Wignell who were clearly not good enough.
We now have a manager who is not just a good manager but is Southend through and through and who won't just walk out on the club when a better offer comes along.
I just wish everyone would get behind Tilson. He will make mistakes he is only human but he is a great manager who has performed miracles and I hope he is our manager for many years too come.

I dont think too many people are slagging him off, Im certainly not.

Lets remember he is still only a young manager and still lots to learn. It was going to be a tough season anyway, and I doubt many managers would have done much better.

Signings I think he has done ok, Paynter I think was a mistake but Hammell, Francis are certainly better than what we had. Ricketts still a question mark but by all accounts doing ok when he appears. I hope Clarke will prove a good signing in the long run.

If he had continued playing Paynter I would have started wondering, but he made a couple of decent decisions on Saturday in giving Hooper a chance, and also putting Hunt in to add some strength in midfield.

Only thing I would really question was sending Cole out, I think he could be doing a job for us at the moment from the bench.

Its certainly now we will find what Tilly is about at this level, either way he has done miracles with this club.

Don't want any of the options but went for the middle one.

Tilson has never coached or managed in this division before this season. To the best of my knowledge, neither have the rest of the management team. They needed time to adapt as did the incoming players.

I think the next ten games will be much more important to the club than the first ten. They will show us how quickly we can adapt to this division and tell us our chances of survival.

Whatever happens, I hope that Tilly and Brush will be at the helm of the club next season.

What this guy has chieved for the Club is nothing short of fantastic and what
I have witnessed these last 2 & a bit years has been the best in watching SUFC in over 44 years. I honestly thought that I had died and gone to heaven !He is learning, he has the badges. Stick with him and the players and it will get even better. He is Southend through and through. How bad is that. Look at Reading, Watford & Wigan. If they can do it then so can we. Give us that Stadium !

The next time the boys run out at the Hall make the roar even louder and keep it up.

Come on !

200% behind Tilly, Brush and all of the players. The vast majority of the squad is still settling into the division. We are playing Vs a better standard of players, playing at better grounds. Give everyone at SUFC time to settle. I think we will stay up.

I really thought it'd be safe to come back on here by now after Saturday.

True Blue - you'd have a more experienced manager eh? Who wouldnt want to be here managing a little team like us over a manager who has worked nothing short of miracles in the last 2 years and who is 500% a southend supporter - as much as any of us on here in truth.

You've only got to talk to him to know how much he loves Southend United.. He used to stand on the north bank and support them FFS!!!

Anyone else who knows him I'm sure will agree..

These threads give me the right hump - almost as much as moaning supporters on saturdays telling the management how to run their team!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True Blue - you'd have a more experienced manager eh? Who wouldnt want to be here managing a little team like us over a manager who has worked nothing short of miracles in the last 2 years and who is 500% a southend supporter - as much as any of us on here in truth.
Not as such but I feel Tilson could do with some help perhaps a General manager as a consultant?

Back