• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PhilipH51

Schoolboy
I saw Lincoln play at Ilkeston yesterday - comfortable 4-0 winners - Laurent not included as he had taken a knock in training but Nicolau played the first half. I was really impressed by the way Tilly's new team played as a unit and it was amazing that they showed such understanding after no more than weeks and actually just a few days together in some cases. Ilkeston are building the new team on the second year academy lads who won their league and cup last season after the old club was liquidated, so can't be expected to hold a team three divisions up. They were unlucky in that the crucial early second goal came from a long pass immediately after both ref and linesman had managed to ignore a very obvious foul on an Ilkeston player going forward in the Lincoln half. (Kevin Wilson is always amazing entertaining in his 'dialogue' with officials, incidentally).
But on the basis of this performance, which included some fairly lethal finishing, I would hope Lincoln could challenge in the conference. They are very much a positive Tilson team, well organised, pacy but not frenetic, always looking up at the range of possibilities, ball on the ground almost the entire time and always someone moving into space for the quick easy pass. In terms of style they reminded me of the double promotion winning Blues team. In the second half they were coasting, dominating possession and Ilkeston heads were very much down - they're not used to losing, ironically.
Tilly had a long chat with Basildon boy Darren Caskey (Ilkeston's asst manager) at half time - seemed so funny up here to have Essex accents on both sides. He also signed a cult zeros t-shirt with a vague likeness of his face on it for me at the end. I said I thought he was putting together a pretty good team and he just smiled and said 'we're trying'. Of course I told him most Southend fans want Lincoln to win the conference - but I think he already knows that!

I saw Lincoln play at Ilkeston yesterday - comfortable 4-0 winners - Laurent not included as he had taken a knock in training but Nicolau played the first half. I was really impressed by the way Tilly's new team played as a unit and it was amazing that they showed such understanding after no more than weeks and actually just a few days together in some cases. Ilkeston are building the new team on the second year academy lads who won their league and cup last season after the old club was liquidated, so can't be expected to hold a team three divisions up. They were unlucky in that the crucial early second goal came from a long pass immediately after both ref and linesman had managed to ignore a very obvious foul on an Ilkeston player going forward in the Lincoln half. (Kevin Wilson is always amazing entertaining in his 'dialogue' with officials, incidentally).
But on the basis of this performance, which included some fairly lethal finishing, I would hope Lincoln could challenge in the conference. They are very much a positive Tilson team, well organised, pacy but not frenetic, always looking up at the range of possibilities, ball on the ground almost the entire time and always someone moving into space for the quick easy pass. In terms of style they reminded me of the double promotion winning Blues team. In the second half they were coasting, dominating possession and Ilkeston heads were very much down - they're not used to losing, ironically.
Tilly had a long chat with Basildon boy Darren Caskey (Ilkeston's asst manager) at half time - seemed so funny up here to have Essex accents on both sides. He also signed a cult zeros t-shirt with a vague likeness of his face on it for me at the end. I said I thought he was putting together a pretty good team and he just smiled and said 'we're trying'. Of course I told him most Southend fans want Lincoln to win the conference - but I think he already knows that!

Interesting post, as you say, lets hope most Blues fans want Lincoln to win the Conference. It seems that last season the problems started when some of the loan players went back or got injured. T and B then had o play guys who they didn't rate and it seems that these players let them down, probably tinking that they had nofuture at the club. Lets hope Lincon do well although it will be difficult, Fleetwood are a rich club and even Stockport paid £50k for a player recently. Would be good to see Tilly and Brush have some more success and hopefully end up back here one day!

Hope Tilly and Brush do well this season but with other teams in the league with large playing budgets i think it will be very difficult for them too bounce back at the first attempt.

I hope so too, for me, I hope we won't be playing Tilson & Lincoln City ever again - cos we have make an jump to League 1 or higher in few season time!

Just signed a new striker after he posted clips on YouTube of his goals playing in the USA.

Tilson... "He's really keen, he works his socks off and I think he'll be a good addition to the squad."

:unsure:

I hope Lincoln do well, but they are not strong enough to finish in top 5, I think they will end up in 10th! I will watch Braintree Vs Lincoln to see how both team do as I want a Essex team to do well.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who wins the Conference as long as we're not in it and I don't really enjoy going to Lincoln so not fussed if it's not them and certainly don't enjoy going to Luton! Good luck to Tilly in whatever he does though, we'll neve forget his time with SUFC.

I'm guessing Fleetwood Town and with their new investment, Stockport, are two firm favourites as well as Luton of course. One of those three for the title I'd say.

Be interesting to see how Braintree do, survival will mean a good season that's for sure.

Just signed a new striker after he posted clips on YouTube of his goals playing in the USA.

Tilson... "He's really keen, he works his socks off and I think he'll be a good addition to the squad."

:unsure:

Where have I heard that one before?!

Got a lot of contacts, old rejects from us and you tube, thank god for Sturrock!

LOL, that is very true Wiggy - I cannot see Lincoln going straight back up - Blue Square Premier is the hardest league to win promotion from - I can see Luton & Fleetwood going up - there are up to 15 team in that league have ambition to reach League 2 and only two of them make it!

Back