• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tim Dieng appreciation thread

Same for me - good shout
It's a physical league as it is, without all the associated problems the teams had of late. Both have been consistent and showed a desire to lead, mentor and get stuck in despite playing for ages with inexperienced youngsters, plus in JDs case, playing through pain for ages until the more recent intervention.
Both nailed on first on the team sheet names for me.
However, I'm hoping some more candidates show themselves in the 2nd half of the season.

He has cert added a few things to his play.
He plays now with a smile happy, confident and a proper member of the team/squad. Previously he appeared too often to be a Nobby Nomates.
His fitness is much improved and he seems to have the stamina to play the full 100 minutes.

Are these all signs of progress brought out by MM's regime?

He's been excellent in a number of positions as well. I wonder if some players possibly feel less pressure in empty stadiums with no moans and groans from the stands, I feel Dieng could be one of them. He is going from strength to strength every week.

One of the first names on the team sheet right now. Trouble is, in which position?

He's been excellent in a number of positions as well. I wonder if some players possibly feel less pressure in empty stadiums with no moans and groans from the stands, I feel Dieng could be one of them. He is going from strength to strength every week.

One of the first names on the team sheet right now. Trouble is, in which position?
A nice problem for MM.

Molesley seems to be getting the best out of him. Multi positional but does look good in a more advanced role. Can really pick a killer pass too

Makes you wonder why he didn’t try for all his other managers including SCP who signed him.

Credit to MM for getting him on side.

He always had the skills but never had the interest.

100%!! Between him and JD so far for me. Two players who have adapted, been consistent and stuck at it in the hard times.

JD?????? Never! Way behind TD on his performances this season. He is still a liability. Even today he fell over the ball and threw himself to the ground claiming a free kick that put us under pressure at the back. Luckily the attack resulted in a header over the bar.

I'm very much of the opinion we need to be offering him a decent contract. I dont think he has ever been terrible for us but he has certainly proved his worth in many positions and to be fair he has been more than decent in all. He's a good age, by the sounds of it there is interest in him so I believe we should do what we can to keep him if we can.

Has been a massively unsung hero for us recently and deserves huge credit for his recent performances. Has played centre back, centre midfield and attacking midfield of late, giving 110% in the process, no matter where he’s played. An excellent derby goal and two through balls to Olayinka today that were different gravy. Has been solid and committed and is so underrated on what he brings to the team.

Love the guy. Would love to get him signed up for longer. Top stuff Timmy ??

Absolutely agree with this except the 110% ... schoolboy error ?

I think at times it’s too easy to criticise him when he’s not playing in his perfect position to the point I became unsure what his perfect position was! I don’t think he’s first on many fans team sheets either but keeps justifying his selection again and again in my opinion.

I’ve given the guy plenty of stick in the past so it’s only fair to give credit where it’s due today for an excellent performance, definitely my MOM. Keep it up Tim :Happy:

Very good today all round........easier League but an absolute mainstay for us!

100%!! Between him and JD so far for me. Two players who have adapted, been consistent and stuck at it in the hard times.
People like JD cause he gets involved, loves a row and tbf is keen......however, he is very slow, control ain’t great and young Kyle Taylor is on a different planet.....he ain’t good enough I’m afraid!

Now let's get him under a longer contract before the vultures start circling. Such a versatile and quality player

I have to say I wasn’t a huge fan of Dieng, I didn’t see what he brought to the table. Even when he was used as a CB last year I doubted his commitment and thought he was way too lightweight. He seems to be showing now why CP signed him.
I always thought he was a luxury player but yes, perhaps he’s a confidence player. His body language is totally different recently and he seems to be more at ease. Long may that continue.

I'm very much of the opinion we need to be offering him a decent contract. I dont think he has ever been terrible for us but he has certainly proved his worth in many positions and to be fair he has been more than decent in all. He's a good age, by the sounds of it there is interest in him so I believe we should do what we can to keep him if we can.
Yes....very flexible
keep if possible

Last edited:
I know this a Dieng thread, but as we're talking about the longer serving players Oxley looks a completely different player now. Can't believe his transformation since October. I thought he was finished.

Has been superb lately, his two killer balls yesterday iniesta would have been proud of. I'd still have olayinka as POTS personally, even though he didn't have a great game yesterday

Sometime ago i posted that the then Barrow manager Dunn apparently was interested in signing Dieng because he knew him from their time at Oldham. Interestingly a number of us were happy to see him go .He has proved he is a usefull squad member able to play in defense and midfield and over the last few games has performed well.Long may this continue

It took me a while to realise it because he didn't have the shot but he's not Lewis Hunt but rather Andy Sussex.
I’ve not seen Dieng strike the ball like Andy Sussex in 2 years tbf

I will give him his due though, he has obviously knuckled down and started to show much improved performances. Obviously a lot is to do with the team around him but as individual we are seeing a much improved Dieng IMO

Back