• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tim Dieng appreciation thread

amsemp

Director⭐
Has been a massively unsung hero for us recently and deserves huge credit for his recent performances. Has played centre back, centre midfield and attacking midfield of late, giving 110% in the process, no matter where he’s played. An excellent derby goal and two through balls to Olayinka today that were different gravy. Has been solid and committed and is so underrated on what he brings to the team.

Love the guy. Would love to get him signed up for longer. Top stuff Timmy ??

I always liked him but think he is a confidence player (most are). I suspect he felt some of our recent managers did not rate him, and, his game seemed to suffer accordingly.
He seems happy at the moment and this is reflected in his recent performances.
As supporters it is easy to overlook the self doubt that always lurks in the backs of the minds of many professional sportsmen, and, how hard it must sometimes be for the individual if he feels his contributions are not valued by the management.
He played well in midfield today, and, no less effective when moved back to central defence.
Would have been my MOM although it would have been hard not to give that award to RHF!

Agree with the above think Dieng has been immense past 6 weeks or so. Along with White, Hobson, Macca (when he plays), Hart, Akinola think they have all been key to the recent upturn in form

Great pro. Fit and these days, always focused. He was one of the few who was decent for Sol. He's played well most of this season too. His calmness and quality is easier to appreciate alongside this team of grafters. Played through the darkest days. Love it when players come through this and emerge as part of the solution.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him offered a new contract. Looks very much like a MM sort of player. Disciplined, bit of quality, calm on the ball, can pick a pass, versatile, and now more and more consistent. Does a lot of good stuff unnoticed.

Approaching 100 games for us now - last 16 league games he has played them all and the full 90 mins

I always liked him but think he is a confidence player (most are). I suspect he felt some of our recent managers did not rate him, and, his game seemed to suffer accordingly.
He seems happy at the moment and this is reflected in his recent performances.
As supporters it is easy to overlook the self doubt that always lurks in the backs of the minds of many professional sportsmen, and, how hard it must sometimes be for the individual if he feels his contributions are not valued by the management.
He played well in midfield today, and, no less effective when moved back to central defence.
Would have been my MOM although it would have been hard not to give that award to RHF!

Rated Tim from the outset. Really pleased that he is playing out of his skin af the moment and he must be first on the teamsheet these days.

Been immense, seems like a good pro. He’s just not a blood and guts type. I’d like to see him stay but I think he’ll move on tbh. Just got that feeling...
Wasn't it Barrow that were rumoured to be after him? Obviously before their change of manager.

He’s been a bit of a journeyman, probably never been anywhere long enough to feel truly settled. He’s been with us for what, two years or more now? Maybe that, plus being a first team regular and one of the senior pros is bringing the best out of him. Personally I think he is good enough for L1 but maybe he’s never felt comfortable anywhere for long enough to show his best at that level. Maybe us being a short plane ride from France (in normal times) makes him feel nearer home. Who knows, but he’s one of the first on the team sheet nowadays & hope it continues.

Certainly has been playing well, and carried on from good form under Sol - for all his apparent shortcomings, Campbell definitely got a tune out of TD.

Only thing holding me back saying yes to a new contract? His wages - he must be on a decent wedge and wonder whether MM would rather use it in other areas. Just a thought.

Molesley seems to be getting the best out of him. Multi positional but does look good in a more advanced role. Can really pick a killer pass too

Back