• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tim Peake

I love a bit of science, but I'm failing to get excited. 300+ have been up to the ISS, and now the country are getting a bit excited 'cos he's a Brit? #racist :winking:

But lets hope it all goes smoothly and hope he comes home ok.

I love a bit of science, but I'm failing to get excited. 300+ have been up to the ISS, and now the country are getting a bit excited 'cos he's a Brit? #racist :winking:

But lets hope it all goes smoothly and hope he comes home ok.

I know what you mean, but it is still exciting. I may be a contractor, but the company I have been contracting for for the last (nearly) 5 years also put satellites up from Baikonur on a semi regular basis, and I find every launch just as exciting as the last.

I would like to think that a load of kids in the UK will be inspired to take up sciences on the back of this. My youngest is now weighing up the relative merits of two worthy professions: astronaut and refuse collector.

In the meantime this photo on the BBC website brought a tear to my eye (I must be going soft in my old age):

farewell.jpg

I love a bit of science, but I'm failing to get excited.
Really? Even I'm a little excited about this....particularly enjoying reading the FB updates from a friend and mum to one of our former pupils, who is autistic and obsessive about all things space related. Bless him, I know just how excited he is about this.

Good luck and God speed, indeed Tim Peake! :happy:

SZ Enterprise:

Communications Officer - True Blue - Whether on the terraces, on SZ, on twitter or reporting a TBTV exclusive, he always gets his point across. Rehydrated steak meal?

Commander in Chief - OBL - Got the hair for zero gravity, able to keep everyone in order

Pilot - LondonBlue - We need someone to fly this thing

Navigations Officer - Wino

Armed muscle/alien blaster - Rusty

Chief Scientist/Rations Officer - MadCyril

Medic - Tinks

Gym this afternoon it is! I'm currently watching it on the BBC website, with the Russians playing The Final Countdown by Europe!

Pretend you're Tim and just wee in your suit.....:whistling:

Speaking of pee, I love that they've maintained the tradition started by Yuri Gagarin in the 60s of taking a leak against the wheel of the bus that drives them to the launch.

Back