• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Compliments on your threads If indeed you are too young to truly know what went on, then the maturity in your threads is impressive.:thumbsup:

In 2008 I was 16, so the state of the economy was quite far down my list of priorities. :winking:

Especially when I had no loans or debts to speak of.

Can we dispel this ridiculous notion please? :facepalm: The Shrimpers Trust DO ask these questions as evidenced in liaison meeting minutes, it's just there isn't always an answer to be given!!! Some people like to play their cards very close to their chest!

Yep, checked the minutes.

Trust: How's the financial situation at the club ?

Club: No real change recently.

Trust: Okay.

Jeremy Paxman, eat your heart out.

Yep, checked the minutes.

Trust: How's the financial situation at the club ?

Club: No real change recently.

Trust: Okay.

Jeremy Paxman, eat your heart out.

What more do you expect? The evidence is there that the questions ARE being asked, the fact that answers are not being enlarged upon is open for people to draw their own conclusions. Do you honestly think SUISA would get any more information?

I think everyone is being very naïve if you're expecting Ron and co to be open and honest about any of the questions posed here. We will only get told what they want us to know as proven by the fact that Ron says nothing at all now. Sooner or later events within the club will force information to become public. I don't know what those events will be but they will happen. But if you are expecting supporter groups to force the pace, it just ain't going to happen.

I dont think so, I think most of what chapperz has asked regarding the new ground the club have no reason not to answer.

What more do you expect? The evidence is there that the questions ARE being asked, the fact that answers are not being enlarged upon is open for people to draw their own conclusions. Do you honestly think SUISA would get any more information?

Fitz should have got PY to sit on Rons face until he gave a proper answer...
Christ whats the matter with the Trust, it just takes a bit of initiative....

In 2008 I was 16, so the state of the economy was quite far down my list of priorities. :winking:

Especially when I had no loans or debts to speak of.

When I was 16 (three decades ago) Zero 6 and Crocs in Rayleigh were high on my list. Financial Downturns were something the papers went into but page 3 was my page of choice. No internet, no mobile phones, but best of all no Ronnie Martini.

We did have the Rubins and Dave Smiths weird haircut ( at least i thought so until my hair fell out) We never knew how lucky we were. We also had a South Bank worth talking about size wise.

Memories

Fitz should have got PY to sit on Rons face until he gave a proper answer...
Christ whats the matter with the Trust, it just takes a bit of initiative....

We could have raised a fortune getting people to pay to watch that! :smile:

All valid questions.None of which a Limited company are likely to, or are required to... discuss with the general public.
Lets hope the answers are forthcoming through positive movement in 2014.

is it just the accounts that need submitting?
This begs questions of its own.

If it is just the Financial Statements that need submitting then what's the hold up? Accountants not paid? Unhappy with content, maybe disclosures etc?

But yes I agree, for all the good things that's happening on the pitch there are still many worrying issues off it which shouldn't be forgotten about.

It must be D-Day for Sainsburys and the new ground soon surely?

Back