• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for changes! Tilson and Brush out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrustyTheKray

President
Not been on since last week, and having read through all these threads since then and including Saturday's game i'm even more keen for for Tilson and Brush to depart.

I dont care what anyone says, we're heading down to league two. Tilson and Brush have taken us as far as they can. We need fresh ideas and fast, before it's too late.

Yes Tilson has done well in past years etc, etc, etc. But now's the time for him to go. Why wait till Christmas??? Might be too late by then!

I see nothing changes with his subs again saturday. Late being the operative word. Why is Tilson so scared about changing things around??

Where's the money gone can be another good question also. I'm sick of all Tilson's excuses in post match interviews, least Geraint Williams can hold his hands up and admit he makes mistakes from time to time.

As for the Maher stick from the terraces, can't he take it? It winds me up that even when he's poor, he still stays on the pitch and is never subbed off!

Yes Steve Tilson your a legend, but your time is up.

Tilson and Brush out!

I shouldn't bite but I'm fed up of this crap.

Wow, you must be able to see into the future. Are there any more nuggets of wisdom you wish to give us about the season ahead?
This really is a bit pathetic. If we were getting outclassed every game (like a lot of last season) I'd understand but to say this after four league games in which we've looked the better side is stupid. If you're such a good football manager TTK, why are you not in charge of a football league side?

I shouldn't bite but I'm fed up of this crap.

Wow, you must be able to see into the future. Are there any more nuggets of wisdom you wish to give us about the season ahead?
This really is a bit pathetic. If we were getting outclassed every game (like a lot of last season) I'd understand but to say this after four league games in which we've looked the better side is stupid. If you're such a good football manager TTK, why are you not in charge of a football league side?

Sorry, i just think it's time for changes. The team is just trying to live off past glories under Tilson and it's going to drag us down.

The whold squad needs a good kick up the jaxie and it's not going to be Tilson that will do it.

. If we were getting outclassed every game (like a lot of last season) I'd understand but to say this after four league games in which we've looked the better side is stupid. If you're such a good football manager TTK, why are you not in charge of a football league side?

Sorry, it's wins that gets us points. No one remembers if we dont get outclassed by a team and still lose.

TTK, you say you've read the negative posts from this weekend. Was there any need then to start up your own thread to restart some debates that have already been had?

On your actual points, I'm afraid I can't agree. We are 4 league games into the season and have shown some promising signs, having been on top in the games. Yes, our defence needs work (among other things!) but to say that Tilly's time is up is frankly ridiculous at this stage. :mad:

Well I'm sorry but I do not understand how anyone can make a judgement like 'We're definitely going down' after just FOUR games. We're nothing special, but we're guilty more of naive tactics than of not being good enough IMO.

TTK, you say you've read the negative posts from this weekend. Was there any need then to start up your own thread to restart some debates that have already been had?

On your actual points, I'm afraid I can't agree. We are 4 league games into the season and have shown some promising signs, having been on top in the games. Yes, our defence needs work but to say that Tilly's time is up is frankly ridiculous at this stage. :mad:

I just wanted to put across my views, having not had the chance the past few days.

Yes, we're 4 games in. I've not seen nothing yet that's improved from last season. It's just like watching the same old crap from last season!

Well I'm sorry but I do not understand how anyone can make a judgement like 'We're definitely going down' after just FOUR games. We're nothing special, but we're guilty more of naive tactics than of not being good enough IMO.

Just the way i feel our season could go. I want changes before it's too late.

Sorry, it's wins that gets us points. No one remembers if we dont get outclassed by a team and still lose.

I can't argue there. But - and I don't know why you can't seem to get your head around the concept - four games is not enough to guage a team's prospects for the season.

OK I understand that you are unhappy with the way things are going and nobody likes to lose, but consider the alternatives. In fact, I can't really think of any and certainly nobody that is as passionate and dedicated to the Southend cause as Steve Tilson. He kept us in the football league and won us back-to-back promotions and I have every faith in him being able to get us out of this mess at this stage of the season.

As ever with these type of posts, there's no mention of possible replacements...

I was there on Saturday, and to a mild degree I'm still hacked off as to how we threw it away, but I saw enough positives in our performance to suggest that we can still achieve something this year. Its a long season, 42 games to go ffs, we've got a lot of new players who are still bedding in. To change the manangement now would be ridiculous.

As ever with these type of posts, there's no mention of possible replacements...

I was there on Saturday, and to a mild degree I'm still hacked off as to how we threw it away, but I saw enough positives in our performance to suggest that we can still achieve something this year. Its a long season, 42 games to go ffs, we've got a lot of new players who are still bedding in. To change the manangement now would be ridiculous.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Have some green :D

Look at how Tottenham adore Martin Jol at the moment???

I know some Spurs fans that can't wait to see the back of him!

I dont think it's ridiculous to change our management now, why wait??

I know plenty of Spurs fans who simply can't understand the mentality of changing someone who has brought so much (relative) success to their club and are dreading going back to being a nothing club with a new manager every year or two.

We'll come good this season yet. Tilson was loyal to us and he desrves our support a good while longer - change now and the law of averages (Spurs, West ham, countless other clubs) shows we are likely to be worse off.
Stability is key, midfield is Championship class, weak in the air at the back and pretty impotent up front (funny our Eric sub compared to their Bruno like Baz on Saturday that really was men against boys), subs need working on agreed, but we are entertaining and results will improve sure as hell.

I think you'll find that they're in the absolute minority, whilst I'm no expert on THFC what I do know is that Jol is an absolute cult hero with the vast majority of Spurs fans and they have absolutely no desire to lose him as the manager. The main source of speculation has come from the media.

As for us changing our manager I say that'd be absolute lunacy. Can you remember back to 2002 when we had the likes of Buzz and Wignall as managers and we were playing so dismally? One thing is absolutely definite and thats the distance we've come since those days. The LDV finals, the play offs, the promotions and you want to change that kind of success?

With four games played I can't see how you can drawing conclusions that managers should be sacked? Remember the season when we were promoted from League 2, how many of the first 7 games did we win? I despair I really do.

Last edited:
Not been on since last week, and having read through all these threads since then and including Saturday's game i'm even more keen for for Tilson and Brush to depart.

I dont care what anyone says, we're heading down to league two. Tilson and Brush have taken us as far as they can. We need fresh ideas and fast, before it's too late.

Yes Tilson has done well in past years etc, etc, etc. But now's the time for him to go. Why wait till Christmas??? Might be too late by then!

I see nothing changes with his subs again saturday. Late being the operative word. Why is Tilson so scared about changing things around??

Where's the money gone can be another good question also. I'm sick of all Tilson's excuses in post match interviews, least Geraint Williams can hold his hands up and admit he makes mistakes from time to time.

As for the Maher stick from the terraces, can't he take it? It winds me up that even when he's poor, he still stays on the pitch and is never subbed off!

Yes Steve Tilson your a legend, but your time is up.

Tilson and Brush out!

:flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back