• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for SUFC fans to revolt against the owners!

WESTY_SUFC

I have been on holiday for last 2 weeks so only just catching up with everything that has been happening with in detail so apologies if i am repeating what others have said.

I am so unhappy with how the club has been run and see no way forward with Ron Martin in control. He has proved he is not capable to run the club or trustworthy of our support.

Is it time for the fans to revolt against the current owners? I feel on my own helpless to stop the club i love being destroyed but the fans need to get together and show that we will not let this happen without any effort.

I have been on holiday for last 2 weeks so only just catching up with everything that has been happening with in detail so apologies if i am repeating what others have said.

I am so unhappy with how the club has been run and see no way forward with Ron Martin in control. He has proved he is not capable to run the club or trustworthy of our support.

Is it time for the fans to revolt against the current owners? I feel on my own helpless to stop the club i love being destroyed but the fans need to get together and show that we will not let this happen without any effort.

Take the time to read through the report from the Echo about the Court Case, read what Nigel Brunning says about ongoing support from Sainsbury's, and take into account the Trust statement and Paul FitzGerald's comment that at the momenr Ron "...is the only horse to back".

Whatever your opinion of Ron Martin, and however much you want him out of our club, this is surely not the time to be trying to oust him.

Nah, any serious campaign against Ron now is surely going to do more harm and good.

If everyone feels so passionately about wanting success for SUFC, then I suggest putting that effort into backing Sturrock and the new players from here on in.

You've sort of missed the boat WESTY. Fans were waiting to see what happened in the court case. Now we are waiting to see if all the bills are paid by Sainsbury's like the club said. There has already been a minor demonstration outside the ground and at Ron's house. Just sit tight for the moment. If the bills and wages and firms aren't paid, the embargo isn't lifted, then we will join you in your revolt.

Ron Martin only wanted SUFC cos its location is a goldmine - anyone could run the club and do a deal with Sainsburys to get a stadium -

only a fool like RM could screw it up - and he nearly has -

if a supporters group was in a strong position, established, representative, democratic, effective - I am sure Sainsburys would much rather have dealt with them - its just a bit too late -

i know nothing about the shrimpers trust but they eem to interestingly quiet -in RMs pocket ? - i dunno -

Get a life WESTY_SUFC. We need to move forward & although I don't particularly trust the bloke, as I see it, RM is the best option at the moment. Get behind the current set up & maybe you'll just realise things ain't so bad!!!

Get a life WESTY_SUFC. We need to move forward & although I don't particularly trust the bloke, as I see it, RM is the best option at the moment. Get behind the current set up & maybe you'll just realise things ain't so bad!!!

Yeah everything is just hunky dory at the moment!

I'm afraid it's just about the best the you're going to get for now, so like it or lump it. It's not 'hunky dory', no but it's nowhere near as bad as some think or are making out.

By the way, have any of you, or the Trust, actually spoken to RM lately, while he's away on holiday? A good friend of mine, also a member on this board & a founding member of the Saga Louts, is in regular contact with him. He's happy to speak to him.

ll and they way Is it time for the fans to revolt against the current owners? I feel on my own helpless to stop the club i love being destroyed but the fans need to get together and show that we will not let this happen without any effort.

Totally agree, still people are still backing MARTIN = DISGRACE

if a supporters group was in a strong position, established, representative, democratic, effective - I am sure Sainsburys would much rather have dealt with them - its just a bit too late -

i know nothing about the shrimpers trust but they eem to interestingly quiet -in RMs pocket ? - i dunno -

must be great to form opinions without knowing anything.

By the way, have any of you, or the Trust, actually spoken to RM lately, while he's away on holiday? A good friend of mine, also a member on this board & a founding member of the Saga Louts, is in regular contact with him. He's happy to speak to him.

.... and to divulge nothing, unfortunately.

What utter nonsense. This man is bleeding our club dry and your attitude is "ah well, lets wait and see what happens". Of course people will get behind Sturrock and the team, but there is nothing wrong whatsoever with people articulating their discontent at a chairman who is clutching at straws and who wouldn't know a straight answer if one hit him in the face.

If, and it's a big if, he get us out of this, the question will always remain - how did he get us into this? As I've said before, we need a full independent audit.

I'm afraid, Westy, there's too many heartless, gutless people within the Southend United support, only able to see as far as the end of their noses, happy with the shameful actions of those purportedly running the club as long as they can talk about a new player (if only we didn't have a transfer embargo) and maybe one day sitting on a shiny plastic seat in a breeze block stadium, whilst at the same time club employees are made redundant and owed hundreds of pounds, for any action against the current board to be effective.

Totally agree, still people are still backing MARTIN = DISGRACE

Im the one that has speaking to him all week will his been away all week on his holiday, which was arranged last july to fit in with one of his boys finishing his university course, i have been there like probaly many of this site who have boys or girls who have been to university to gain a better life for themeself

Im still paying for sons time spent at Uni and probaly will be till i draw my last breath, its not a DISGRACE as you have put it that people are still backing RM, what is waiting in the wings of i forget the Consortium made up of Property Companies saddled with debt great another fine mess we are going into

Grow up or shut up

Im the one that has speaking to him all week will his been away all week on his holiday, which was arranged last july to fit in with one of his boys finishing his university course, i have been there like probaly many of this site who have boys or girls who have been to university to gain a better life for themeself

Im still paying for sons time spent at Uni and probaly will be till i draw my last breath, its not a DISGRACE as you have put it that people are still backing RM, what is waiting in the wings of i forget the Consortium made up of Property Companies saddled with debt great another fine mess we are going into

Grow up or shut up

Erm....are you sure about that?

Back