• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Time to ask the all knowing Zone!

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
I am about to move house and need to organise a few things, so i would like to ask fellow Zoners for recommendations.

1. Need a skip to clear out the garage and shed, anyone care to suggest a Skip hire company and what would the be price I would expect to pay for a weeks hire?

2. Which removal company would you recommend and if you have used one recently how much did they charge? So far have got two quotes in one at £500 and another for £850.

In the Zone We Trust.

Thanks

How far are you moving?

If it is local I'd rent a large van, get some boys in and do it myself.

Ask for skips why not use the quieter roads around Wakering and Barling?

Last edited:
I've used Jeakins in Laindon recently. Think it was around £450ish. Short distance (1 mile) - 3 blokes large lorry and all packing materials

We used Galley's of Battlesbridge when we moved 8 years ago. They were excellent, can't remember how much we paid though...

I used Lloyds of Essex (based in Ashingdon) in 2008, cost was about £500. I'd definitely use them again.

Thanks everyone who has posted, even MC and his predictable alternative view. :winking:

Naps, :nope: stick to your day job, also thanks for the email from your Yahoo account trying to sell me some pharmaceuticals :thumbdown:

Last edited:
I would be tempted to hire Blueblood for the day. I suspect he would do you a nice cash price and even drive the van for you.

Back