• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to back the kids from the stands

bishmania

First XI
With Bailey on his way today and not wanting to play because of his bruised ego it seems we are going to have a midfield partnership of a couple of kids (Moussa and Grant) this weekend and possibly a few games after until Macca comes back or we get fresh blood in.

Moose is 19, Grant is 21 (Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm doing this off the top of my head)

That's a centre midfield partnership the combined age of Furlong.

Plus, they were third and fourth choice for us in that position.

Because they are youngsters they are still learning and it could well mean our midfield struggles to impose itself on the game.

As frustrating as that is, I think it's important that we as fans don't get on their backs.

After the 1-0 defeat to Cheltenham there's already been the usual grumblings. Fair enough, we were poor, spout it now. But we really need to give Moose and Grant a lift on Saturday because they both have the potential to go on and become massive players for us and the last thing we want to do is push them down a couple of pegs by getting on their backs.

So no matter how things are going on Saturday let's cheer their names to the rafters and inspire them to be the best they can.

UTB

With Bailey on his way today and not wanting to play because of his bruised ego it seems we are going to have a midfield partnership of a couple of kids (Moussa and Grant) this weekend and possibly a few games after until Macca comes back or we get fresh blood in.

Moose is 19, Grant is 21 (Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm doing this off the top of my head)

That's a centre midfield partnership the combined age of Furlong.

Plus, they were third and fourth choice for us in that position.

Because they are youngsters they are still learning and it could well mean our midfield struggles to impose itself on the game.

As frustrating as that is, I think it's important that we as fans don't get on their backs.

After the 1-0 defeat to Cheltenham there's already been the usual grumblings. Fair enough, we were poor, spout it now. But we really need to give Moose and Grant a lift on Saturday because they both have the potential to go on and become massive players for us and the last thing we want to do is push them down a couple of pegs by getting on their backs.

So no matter how things are going on Saturday let's cheer their names to the rafters and inspire them to be the best they can.

UTB

It's a very good point and to be honest, i think grant is a lot better player than we have seen so far, it's just how many first team games has he played in his career. He is clearly not up to the pace yet, but hopefully we will get to see the best of him as the season progresses.

There is also FAR to much on Moussa's shoulders to be the creative player in midfield. If he was playing along side someone like Maher i feel he would show alot more of his qualities but there is just not enough experience in the middle of the park.

They do need time, but i don't think they can play together just yet at this level. We need someone with a presence in the middle of the park, someone that has been there and done it, but we got rid of him at the end of the season, and now we need another one to come back in!

Agree, but Mooose has to become of age sometime. I always felt that he was always a little in awe when he played beside Bailey, Kev and Macka, and tried too much to do the simple thing. Now he has got he's chance he has to start being more dynamic and start running the midfield the way they did. I watched him Saturday and he often didn't make himself available when our deffence had the ball. Could be why there were so many long balls pumped up into the channels if nobody showed from midfield as there was no Bailey.

Back