• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to bring in another winger?

Shrimper James

With Mark Gower still failing to last 90 minutes, and Tommy Black now seemingly injured, is it time to dip into the loan market and bring in another winger?

Seeing as we're now down to one winger, I'd say we need to get someone in on loan, especially if Black is going to be out of action for more than a couple of weeks. Moussa just doesn't cut it on the wings IMO.

We could do worse than give our yoofs a chance against the likes of Cheltenham

We could do worse than give our yoofs a chance against the likes of Cheltenham

I'm not sure. We can't take chances like that in league games. Especially at home where we've lost three times from seven in the league already this season.

Is this the opportunity for Simon "Franco" Francis to answer whether he can or cant play on the wing?

I would agree with the above that the Mouuuuuussssaaaa is better playing more in the middle than out on the wing.

I've been thinking for a while now that we need to bring in another winger. Gower and Black are the only two genuine wide players we have at the moment and the latter in particular is injury-prone. After that we only have Foran as cover and it looks like he is about to go out on loan.

Personally I'd love to see us bring in Antony McNamee from Watford on loan. I don't think he's figuring for their first team at the moment and I thought he looked terrific when we played Watford in the Carling Cup.

I've been thinking for a while now that we need to bring in another winger. Gower and Black are the only two genuine wide players we have at the moment and the latter in particular is injury-prone. After that we only have Foran as cover and it looks like he is about to go out on loan.

Personally I'd love to see us bring in Antony McNamee from Watford on loan. I don't think he's figuring for their first team at the moment and I thought he looked terrific when we played Watford in the Carling Cup.

terrific shout.. he was the best player on the pitch IMO

Good shout that!
Tilly, get on the phone to Boothroyd and sort it out. Remembering NOT to call him Bothroyd (it's one of his pet hates according to this months 442!)

Is the earlier use of McCormack out wide a no go then?

Bailey is out on Saturday, but I would expect Maher, Bailey, Macca and Gower to be the midfield 4 with Moussa as back up until Black is back.

Tilly defitinitely looking at wingers. James Henry was due to join us on loan from Reading a week or so ago, until he took a last minute u-turn to Bournemouth.

Back