• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to Drop Freddy ?

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Thoughts please.

FOR
Best finisher we've had since David Crown
Goal/game ratio still one of the best outside the Premiership
Gets people out of their seats and that little ripple/buzz goes around the ground if he picks up the ball on the run 40 yards out
Worked wonders last time it happened

AGAINST
Hardly been prolific over the last 20 games.
Still doesn't understand the offside rule.
Definitely unwilling, or unable, to probe the defence where it really hurts
Hasn't been able to partner anyone succesfully up front this season.
Can't convert a simple unmarked header from 3 yards out. (harsh, but fair) :D

Not yet.

He worked really well with Foran and I'd try them as a front pairing first.

At the end of the day he is one of only 2 players who can conjure up something from nothing even when he is playing toilet.

Unless we get a proven Prem striker on loan then I'd leave him where he is. The transfer window has closed now and IMHO he'll definitely be off in the summer, so he needs to try as hard as possible if he wants to play at top level.

What partnership would we choose in an Eastwood-less team?

I think dropping him wouldn't be such a bad idea. At the beginning of last season he was dropped because he started becoming 'Bertie big-bollox' and he's done the same this season. A stint in the reserves might get him the kick up the **** he needs.

Forget dropping Eastwood!It is time to drop Bradbury or play him in midfield depending on injurys.Eastwood up front with Foran will do the trick..:)

Dont drop him .. Play him up front with Foran.
My Team for Sat:-
Flavs
Francis Spinner Sodje Cheese
Gower Maher Macca JCR
Freddie Foran
U Boats - Hunty , Bradders ,Collis, Hoops ,Prince Harry

Can produce something out of nothing

Which is how he scores about 90% off his goals. Teams this season often swamp him as soon as he gets the ball. There were a few instances Tuesday when he got the ball to find 3 players in front of him. He cant beat them all every week. If you want to drop someone look for a player who doesnt win headers, has no pace, cant beat a defender and cant shoot, and who is adored by Tilly so is keeping our new striker out of the team - Lee Bradbury.

to late in the day to start thinking about that. he has been living of s****s for most of the season,but still managed to score his share of goals.prehaps floran up front,but if maccas out please a half decent mid field player on loan.

flavs

francis
sodje
spinner
che

jcr
maher
macca (if fit if not hunt)
gower

foran
freddy

subs: hunt, bradbury, collis, moussa, harrold

It would be a huge gamble and maybe one we can't afford to take at this stage of the season.

I don't think he's been playing that poorly but he's not playing as well as he can

I'd go for Harrold-Foran actually.

But I do think Foran-Eastwood could be a bit special.

I'd go for Hooper/Foran myself.... but either way, I wouldnt drop Freddy unless I felt it would contribute to bringing him back into some kind of form. Tilly and Brush are the only ones who know that, as they know Freddy the person as well as the Freddy we see on the pitch.

They know that in terms of ability he's our best chance of a goal - and they may feel that dropping him would do more harm than good if he reacted the wrong way to it. Whether that in itself would be right or wrong, in our current predicament they couldnt afford to have a seriously narked Freddy moping about.

Ridiculous thread.

Yeah, lets drop Maher, Gower & Flavs too.

Hardly ridiculous and I tried to balance it with fors and againsts. Care to tell me how prolific he has been in the league this season ? Defences are not frightened by someone that plays deep and looks to score from 25-30 yards out week in week out. If they restrict forwards to shooting from range their job is done. If the forward pulls some magic out of the box there's not a lot you can do about that. I'd swap the odd spectacular finish for 5 six yard tap-ins every time and I'll bet if we had a quick goal poacher in our midst (e.g. Hooper) we'd be far higher up the table than we are now.

Foran is going to end up like JCR, going past his man and giving up sending early balls into the box to non-existent targets so going past the same man another couple of times waiting for someone to wake up.

Back