• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

The basic complaint here is that Powell takes less grief than Brown, because he’s got credit in the bank from his days as a player. It’s true - it’s not fair, but that’s football.

In fairness, he also has credit for saving us from almost certain relegation last season.

The basic complaint here is that Powell takes less grief than Brown, because he’s got credit in the bank from his days as a player. It’s true - it’s not fair, but that’s football.

Also that he is a decent people manager and doesn't mess with players heads

To certain relegation this season. Genius.
Last time I checked we were 12th with an even goal difference. Not saying that things are tickety-boo but when your entire first-choice back five are out, as well as your first choice number 9, and you have to rely on kids - who probably wouldn't make the bench if we had a fully fit squad - to make the step-up prematurely, it's hardly surprising that we're struggling.

The way it's going. We've not got anyone in on loan despite the injuries, Powell insists on playing one up front at home. I suggest that we're in a relegation battle.
Did we not play a front two on Tuesday?

Last time I checked we were 12th with an even goal difference. Not saying that things are tickety-boo but when your entire first-choice back five are out, as well as your first choice number 9, and you have to rely on kids - who probably wouldn't make the bench if we had a fully fit squad - to make the step-up prematurely, it's hardly surprising that we're struggling.
It's nothing to do with personnel, it's the lack of any semblance of a plan other than lumping the ball up to a lone forward ill equipped for that role. That's down to the manager and to keep persisting with this one dimensional football expecting it to work when it has failed umpteen times already, is close to Einstein's definition of insanity.

Lets just hope that when we eventually do appoint another manager that they aren't an ex player.

Tilly was an ex-player.

That said, I fear for SCP if he continues to think that the midfield we have is going to give us the drive and energy to control a game.

Give it a rest u mug. He’s got a full strength back line out injured, a striker who he built his game plan around out injured and hasn’t been able to play the same lineup at almost every week.

Yes the game was crap, and many have been this season, but u find me a manager who can do better available to replace Powell. I’ll wait

I completely agree with the fact he built a game plan around one player however where is the plan B.

Can you honestly tell me any other decent manger would still be playing long ball to cox, do me a favour. If yes then you are clueless.

Tell you what explain to me the game plan today? Bet you can’t because there isn’t one

Tilly was an ex-player.

That said, I fear for SCP if he continues to think that the midfield we have is going to give us the drive and energy to control a game.
Tilly was an ex-player.

Yes, we need a ball winner and someone who can pass (Kevin Maher type) - that would alleviate some of the pressure on the defence and, if we were to play two up front as well, I believe things would improve.

It's nothing to do with personnel, it's the lack of any semblance of a plan other than lumping the ball up to a lone forward ill equipped for that role. That's down to the manager and to keep persisting with this one dimensional football expecting it to work when it has failed umpteen times already, is close to Einstein's definition of insanity.
I agree with that to an extent but Theo wasn't available; I think he would have played alongside Cox if he was. Hopefully Kelman will get a chance in that role but equally he shouldn't be rushed. There are already hints that Hutchinson is not ready yet despite people clamouring for him to start albeit in a deeper role.

Back