• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

Not sure why you need a new thread for this when there's a perfectly good one.

We won't get relegated in my opinion. We need 12 points I feel.

Was advertising the great value to fellow shrimpers about a really crap team as they are at the moment. Trust you will be still backing them for promotion despite being outplayed nearly every week!

He can find it for the taxman so he can find it to sack Powell. Dropping into League 2 is a massive backward step and Kev seems to be doing a decent job with the kids. Anyone would be better than the clown in charge at the moment

Couldn’t be two more different jobs!!

May as well be saying I’m giving my accounts to my dentist cos I have nice teeth!!

I don't want CP sacked, but something has to change. Unless we do get dragged into the relegation zone, then I would stick with CP, but if next season starts like we're playing at the moment, then his time may well come up
You think being 6 points above the relegation zone ,being unable to win at home not being in a relegation battle, Powell out.

How will he pay of his contract? With what money?

And what if nothing changed under Maher?

From a Lord to a King, the problems are within

Probably the same money he offered to pay for the Walsall player.

Dominic iorfa was sold and we had 10% of that.

We also have 1 or 2 tv games coming up.

If only we could replace CP with a management team who come over well when interviewed, know the supporter catchment well and seem to be doing a good job at Lincoln - the Cowley brothers !!!
The same Cowleys who have already stated publicly that they wouldn't want to go to Southend?

I do actually think that Ron will pull the trigger if we lose our next 3 games. We would be a point or two outside the relegation zone if that was to happen and that would be unacceptable in Ron's eyes. He won't risk relegation what with the new stadium on the horizon.
Attendances are falling as well which he also won't like one bit

Probably the same money he offered to pay for the Walsall player.

Dominic iorfa was sold and we had 10% of that.

We also have 1 or 2 tv games coming up.

Using money ee don't yet have is a bad idea.

His contract will be much more than 75k

I do actually think that Ron will pull the trigger if we lose our next 3 games. We would be a point or two outside the relegation zone if that was to happen and that would be unacceptable in Ron's eyes. He won't risk relegation what with the new stadium on the horizon.
Attendances are falling as well which he also won't like one bit

I agree in part, however even if work started today, we are 3 years away from a new stadium. Dropping into L2 makes little difference at this point however I agree with Ron's trgger.

We have 16 games left and I cannot see us getting more than 12 points from them IMHO

Just to point out that Burton, Stanley, Scunthorpe and Plymouth winning next week and us losing would potentially push us a further 4 places down the table

Just to point out that Burton, Stanley, Scunthorpe and Plymouth winning next week and us losing would potentially push us a further 4 places down the table

Just noticed Stanley vs Scunny play each other, so I am not correct but close. Also depends on replay for Blackpool

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again... we have a current starting XI who aren’t good enough for this league, and who would be no better than a mid-table League 2 team.

We have a mixture of kids, cart horses & passengers.

A different manager won’t change that. Different tactics won’t change that. Different training routines won’t change that. You simply cannot turn (below) average players into great players, overnight.

I get it, it’s a bitter pill to swallow, but there is no other alternative.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again... we have a current starting XI who aren’t good enough for this league, and who would be no better than a mid-table League 2 team.

A different manager won’t change that. Different tactics won’t change that. Different training routines won’t change that. You simply cannot turn (below) average players into great players, overnight.

Nonsense. Simon Cox? Stephen Humphrys? Oxley (when he's fit). Most of our players are Lg1 quality. There is something very wrong in the managerial setup where most of the players put in sub-standard perfomances week in week out, they (apparently) look unfit and they don't seem to care.

The buck stops at Powell & his team in my eyes.

We're 6 points above the relegation zone

We have lost over half of our home games

We haven't taken a single point when playing anyone in the top 7 this season

4 of our next 5 games are against teams in the top 7

We haven't taken a point from a game where we've conceded a goal at home this season

Whilst we may need 12, (I personally feel 15) points to survive. Where is it coming from?

We've also lost 2 out of 3 home games to sides in the relegation zone and the only side with a worst home record than us, AFC Wimbledon, beat us at home!!

Don't agree with this at all; the majority of those that started on Saturday are good enough for this league, and are capable of better performances than that.

Also, there are alternatives; we have 2 pretty good wingers on the bench, who can't be any worse than those currently playing.

We haven't got enough pace to play 5-3-2, you need at least one quick forward and quick wing backs, we don't have any of those.

If only we could replace CP with a management team who come over well when interviewed, know the supporter catchment well and seem to be doing a good job at Lincoln - the Cowley brothers !!!
Why would they leave a team that has a higher chance of being in League 1 next season than us? I don't know why these two are always mentioned, if they leave Lincoln it will be for a much bigger club than us, we don't stand a chance.

Starting at home with a 1 9 1 formation really breeds positiveness. Why is it when he is forced to change to a 4 - 4 - 2 formation we start to play better? I have been watching Southend since Oct 1960 and am getting seriously close to stop watching Negative Dross. It seems that CPs tactic is to equalise first!

Our next 6 fixtures are:
Charlton (A)
Doncaster (A)
Pompey (H)
Accrington (A)
Barnsley (H)
Blackpool (A)

four very tough away games and two home games we will probably lose the very best we might get is four or five points from these games. This will leave us either in or very close to the bottom four. Relegation is a very real possibility unless something drastically changes.

Why would they leave a team that has a higher chance of being in League 1 next season than us? I don't know why these two are always mentioned, if they leave Lincoln it will be for a much bigger club than us, we don't stand a chance.
Also they don’t want to come to Southend anyway.
Our problems are unfortunately bigger than our manager.
I’m pretty ****ed off at moment but don’t see anyone coming in and changing our situation now.. especially now transfer window is closed.
Our best bet is people like Oxley .. who yes is still the superior keeper. Demi, who is a massive player for us and chips in with goals and maybe Lennon who admittedly is unproven, coming back. I actually also think Hyam and Bunn would walk straight back into the team and improve our situation.

Fingers crossed all these players aren’t that far away

Back