• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

.......and he doesn’t tout himself for every other managerial vacancy (dream job) that becomes available.......

Did PB do that though?? From what I recall he was asked a question, that he answered.

You really think if we were up near the top and big clubs came sniffing round CP, he wouldn't be interested!!

IMO there were 4 options, Dieng, Kightly, Kelman and Ba - however, I'm not the manager so I don't know which one I would have gone with, that's the coaches and managers job to try the different options. All I know, is I wouldn't have gone with one up front.

I know it's only football, and personally I'm not that fussed, but you can't expect everyone to be happy at the moment, with 10 home defeats (and if this carrys on, how much longer will we be mid table) - and to add, I'm not fully blaiming CP for our current predicament.
I am

Get In a manager who can motivate the team to give 100%. It's the least the fans deserve.

Maybe a manager who sets his team up to actually win games by attacking the opposition.

Or maybe a manager who actually shows some passion in the dugout.

Just a few things that spring to mind.

...that will upset the rose tinted mob.....spot on!

Must be a nightmare as a manager having a player who will run through a brick wall who You have to release and one who's got eggshell legs who you have to keep!

About time many of you woke up and got over your love for SCP as a manager he is crap sorry, fortress roots hall under him has become 3 points for the visitors,his tactics are unbelievably crap , 1 up front ( cox) at home against the leagues 2 nd bottom team give it a go fellas ,stop blaming injuries ,he had a whole pre season to make sure he had cover in all positions ,that he didnt comes back to him.STOP making excuses for him and wake up !

Excuse me. By the end of August CP did have cover in all positions, except arguably a replacement for Hopper. The problem, the cover players are playing week in week out or hadn't you noticed.

About time many of you woke up and got over your love for SCP as a manager he is crap sorry, fortress roots hall under him has become 3 points for the visitors,his tactics are unbelievably crap , 1 up front ( cox) at home against the leagues 2 nd bottom team give it a go fellas ,stop blaming injuries ,he had a whole pre season to make sure he had cover in all positions ,that he didnt comes back to him.STOP making excuses for him and wake up !

We've done better at home than away. 19 points to 16. We have 1 extra home game but the most recent was a loss.

He brought in cover/had cover.

For Demetriou see Bwomono, Coker see Hendrie. We currently have 10 injuries, you can't prepare for it to be that bad.

He's doing okay considering the circumstances for me.

Get In a manager who can motivate the team to give 100%. It's the least the fans deserve.

Maybe a manager who sets his team up to actually win games by attacking the opposition.

Or maybe a manager who actually shows some passion in the dugout.

Just a few things that spring to mind.

Who though? Easy to suggest, but who?

Excuse me. By the end of August CP did have cover in all positions, except arguably a replacement for Hopper. The problem, the cover players are playing week in week out or hadn't you noticed.
No “arguably” needed there AT ALL!
We now have no-one to play up front with Cox .Despite his ridiculous long contract,Robinson should have been binned off straight away by Powell.89 year old Fortune’ would have been more useful.
This is why,I’d-reluctantly-give Kelman a start on Saturday.In normal circumstances,he’d be a possible late substitute.

You seem to be under some illusion that we currently have a team of world beaters, who could cut this league apart under the right leadership. That’s just wrong.
The team that Powell currently has at his disposal, would be a lower-mid table League 2 team.

You could bring in someone like Pep Guardiola right now, and it wouldn’t change a thing.

OK. Interesting.

From Saturdays starting XI, who is good enough for League 1?

Mantom
Cox? at a push
Bunn? Jury’s still out

The rest are kids & codgers, who are out of their depth at the moment.

Mantom Cox? at a push Bunn? Jury’s still out. The rest are kids & codgers, who are out of their depth at the moment.
We are virtually playing a reserve side out of necessity, not by choice. I really don't think any other manager could do better.

Mantom
Cox? at a push
Bunn? Jury’s still out

The rest are kids & codgers, who are out of their depth at the moment.

We're not out of our depth, though.

We're 12th and have won two of our last four league games.

From the moment this thread appeared on here the title has confused me. I get the bit about Powell, but who else? I'll probably never know.....

Like you, I've already asked that, RHB, but the O Poster has disappeared.

We're not out of our depth, though.

We're 12th and have won two of our last four league games.

Yes, which is a testament to the decent job Powell has done, with the constraints he’s had.

Granted, it’s tough to watch & hard to take, but without being overly flippant, it is what it is.

Make no mistakes though, over the course of an entire season, that starting XI from Saturday, would see us relegated, regardless who the manager was

Last edited:
Back