• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

Yes, which is a testament to the decent job Powell has done, with the constraints he’s had.

Make no mistakes though, over the course of an entire season, that starting XI from Saturday, would see us relegated, regardless who the manager was
Quite probably, but we definitely wouldn't have deliberately started the season so lightweight.

Quite probably, but we definitely wouldn't have deliberately started the season so lightweight.

Of course not.

Of my 25 years of supporting the club, this is probably the worst injury crisis I can remember.

I fail to see how that’s Powell’s fault.

Nor do I see why changing the management at this stage, would be beneficial.

Yes, which is a testament to the decent job Powell has done, with the constraints he’s had.

Granted, it’s tough to watch & hard to take, but without being overly flippant, it is what it is.

Make no mistakes though, over the course of an entire season, that starting XI from Saturday, would see us relegated, regardless who the manager was

Are you confusing me with someone who thinks SCP should be sacked?

Of course not.

Of my 25 years of supporting the club, this is probably the worst injury crisis I can remember.

I fail to see how that’s Powell’s fault.

Nor do I see why changing the management at this stage, would be beneficial.

I think even the most deluded fan understands this, but is it too much to ask that the players that are fit give 100% or that the management get the team playing attacking football?

I've seen more effort at times in Sunday league football.

I think even the most deluded fan understands this, but is it too much to ask that the players that are fit give 100% or that the management get the team playing attacking football?

I've seen more effort at times in Sunday league football.

Is it down to lack of effort, or lack of ability?

I always thought we had a good squad,but were decimated with injuries and SCP had his hand forced at times. Lets hope this new blood drives us forward from now on.

Laughable thread. An entire back 5 injured and shock horror a manager decides to play it tight to try and reduce potential damage.
Still having to pick players signed by Brown.
Players like kightly and Mecca on good money...thus taking up budget.
It's a decent job by Powell that we are not flirting with relegation.
Insert Lennon and demi(when is he due back)
And we can have a strong finish to the season....loving the two signings this window.

So just to sum up.
There have indeed been some poop performances this season.
I've been supporting for over 30 years and this is possibly the worst injury crisis I have ever seen.
Powell inherited a squad that needed revamping...on a tight budget largely due to the previous managers penchant for spunking the budget on flashy 'name's' who are well past there best....
And we are nine points off the play offs in a season I certainly earmarked as a rebuilding one.

You do all realise that the frustrations have come from a stupid game plan. Now we’ve seemingly sorted that with the Humphrys signing hopefully things can pick up

It’s a very poor division so there’s plenty of time to go on a run and then who knows

But after last week’s shambles it wasn’t a stupid thread to open to question if Powell knew what he was doing. I’m fine with a direct system if it works but Powell does still look very one dimensional with the fact we can’t play without a big man

Sorry people, you may not like the thread but that's not grounds to close it. Open it stays.

Also, in few years time when Powell leads us to Champions League glory, off the back of Winning the Premier League & F.A. Cup, we can point and laugh at those who wanted him out

:Smile:

Last edited:
Back