• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to go and I’m not just talking about Powell!

Does that mean we keep calling 'peoples votes' until we get the right answer...

Will we just go round in circles when we get dicked by Luton next week? The thread was valid and most people’s sensible comments created a good arguement.

We are still closer to the bottom 4 than top 6. One good performance doesn’t change my opinion of Powell. Probably like for many one good performance under Brown didn’t change people views on him

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we just go round in circles when we get dicked by Lincoln next week? The thread was valid and most people’s sensible comments created a good arguement.

We are still closer to the bottom 4 than top 6. One good performance doesn’t change my opinion of Powell. Probably like for many one good performance under Brown didn’t change people views on him
Lincoln next week? We must have already been relegated already and I missed it. Powell out.

Time to go who put this up? Come on where are you!!!!
It was me, if you read the post the clear issue is the fact we’re going long to cox who is not a target man and can’t hold the ball up in any way!

We bring in a bigger striker who can clearly put himself about and look what happens it’s almost as if I was bang on with my point!

Just to point out, we still have 1 game plan and that is to go long, we have brought in a new striker who we can do that to! However what happens if he gets injured?

We are back to square one again and we start going long to cox!

Question to all those who have said this is a stupid quote?
What’s your opinion on a manger who only has one game plan? Is that good enough? What happens when the long ball game isn’t working against two massive defenders?

And if your saying this is a stupid post you clearly don’t have a clue about football or your happy to accepts watching ****e every week which is just odd!

Just to point out, we still have 1 game plan and that is to go long, we have brought in a new striker who we can do that to! However what happens if he gets injured?

What’s your opinion on a manger who only has one game plan? Is that good enough? What happens when the long ball game isn’t working against two massive defenders?

And if your saying this is a stupid post you clearly don’t have a clue about football or your happy to accepts watching ****e every week which is just odd!

For those that were at Bradford yesterday, did we play the long ball all game? Didn't look like it from the highlights

Yes we won yesterday but what if we lose every single game from now until the end of the season and play long ball tactics in some of them? Would you still be saying this thread is stupid? What if CP deliberately picked Southend United under 10s for league games and instructed them to play long balls to strikers even smaller than Simon Cox? What if CP goes so defensive at home that he plays 11 holding midfielders against the bottom team and we still lose? What if CP not only fails to come up with plan B but destroys plan A and encourages the players to mill about on the pitch in their jeans and flip-flops instead of playing football? Then you will be agreeing with this thread and you would all say CP out. Thankfully some supporters are thinking ahead to such scenarios and starting threads accordingly.

Yes we won yesterday but what if we lose every single game from now until the end of the season and play long ball tactics in some of them? Would you still be saying this thread is stupid? What if CP deliberately picked Southend United under 10s for league games and instructed them to play long balls to strikers even smaller than Simon Cox? What if CP goes so defensive at home that he plays 11 holding midfielders against the bottom team and we still lose? What if CP not only fails to come up with plan B but destroys plan A and encourages the players to mill about on the pitch in their jeans and flip-flops instead of playing football? Then you will be agreeing with this thread and you would all say CP out. Thankfully some supporters are thinking ahead to such scenarios and starting threads accordingly.
I've already said that this thread has it's place and will not be closed. That said it seems to me when we do have a bad patch (regularly), those that want to post their views against tactics/selection/formation/the manager do so in such an aggressive manner that it is bound to draw comment from others. So if you put it out there so will comments come, from both sides of the argument. That's what makes the zone worth reading at times.

I don’t think it’s wrong to say something negative when you think something is bad... but when you can’t praise something when sometimg positive comes along .. that’s just bizarre. Almost like the person gets pleasure from being negative..

Be happy everyone... you don’t win 4-0 away from home every week as a Southend fan.

What if Trump presses the big red button and this was the last match you ever witnessed and you never to took any pleasure in enjoying it

Well as long is its the same S*** standard we had to suffer yesterday, I'll have some of that. Just when were under pressure and Bishop makes a great save to stop it being 2-1 we thump a boring long ball down to Humphrys who shakes of his man and rounds the keeper....I bet you were gutted.

Its a lovely day out there so go and enjoy a 4-0 away win. You never know we might lose next week and you might actually have something to say.

Well as long is its the same S*** standard we had to suffer yesterday, I'll have some of that. Just when were under pressure and Bishop makes a great save to stop it being 2-1 we thump a boring long ball down to Humphrys who shakes of his man and rounds the keeper....I bet you were gutted.

Its a lovely day out there so go and enjoy a 4-0 away win. You never know we might lose next week and you might actually have something to say.
Just to point out that’s one game?

The whole point I’m making is you can play long ball but only if you have a target man?? What’s so hard to understand about that! The issue is we’ve been playing those boring balls to cox for month and he has won nothing?

And just to point out I was over the moon because it proves the exact point I’ve been making.

Play a target man and it works.
Play 2 up top and it works.

Will we just go round in circles when we get dicked by Luton next week? The thread was valid and most people’s sensible comments created a good arguement.

You know full well that as soon as he loses another game it'll be "POWELL OUT" again. Repeat ad nauseum

Back