• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am 40 years old and have supported the Shrimpers for 34 years. I am as passionate now as I was as a 7 year old. Although sitting in the East Yellows with my son, now in his third year as a ST holder we love getting behind the team and trying to get the atmosphere at the hall going. We are currently on our hols and therefore missed the first three games but are looking forward to seeing the team on Saturday. Our enthusiasm has increased from reading all the positive feedback on here re the first two league games. It has been further increased by the news that BC red card has rightly overturned, thus leading to me and my son dancing round the lounge of our apartment singing Barry Corr songs. My wife on hearing this asked me whether I felt that I was too old to be singing songs about a player who is young enough to be my son? My wife is a very understanding women who rearranges our lives around football, this holiday aside, but she just doesn't understand my passion for all things SUFC, I mean she understands my passion for the club I love and support, but not my love for the players. Do you think we ever get too old to still be dancing around your house singing songs about football players? For me, I don't think so!

I dont think so you really have blue blood ! My first game was in 1995 and im 35 years old now and I still feel like a young college boy going to Roots Hall, It's also nice to have some father son time right share the specail bond hope I never grow too old for SUFC !!! bring on Saturday !

Great response from you all. My wife is a wonderful person who mainly has embraced my passion for football, we have been together 17 years and she has never known different, but this is the first time she has ever questioned me singing about an individual. She knows that she will always be my first love and I have two children who are also very special. BUT, come Saturdays and match day there is only one love, just for 90 mins and one thing that matters.. It has too, right?

She knows that she will always be my first love and I have two children who are also very special. BUT, come Saturdays and match day there is only one love, just for 90 mins and one thing that matters.. It has too, right?
That's where I'm lucky though because my other half and I share that passion for football!

That's where I'm lucky though because my other half and I share that passion for football!

Double footie passion plus 1 other and christ what an explosion
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

Great response from you all. My wife is a wonderful person who mainly has embraced my passion for football, we have been together 17 years and she has never known different, but this is the first time she has ever questioned me singing about an individual. She knows that she will always be my first love and I have two children who are also very special. BUT, come Saturdays and match day there is only one love, just for 90 mins and one thing that matters.. It has too, right?

jon please i wanna throw up now:raspberry:

My dads 52 and im 25 we still blast em out more so him crazy man. Ha ha

Am I the oldest on here at 66 yrs of age to sing Southend songs at home or in the car? I often sing the Freddy Eastwood ditty and regularly chant "Blue Army" and "Come on Southend" which my wife likes and better still our African Grey parrot chants Blue Army and Come on Southend daily without being prompted.
Class or what?:happy:

Am I the oldest on here at 66 yrs of age to sing Southend songs at home or in the car? I often sing the Freddy Eastwood ditty and regularly chant "Blue Army" and "Come on Southend" which my wife likes and better still our African Grey parrot chants Blue Army and Come on Southend daily without being prompted.
Class or what?:happy:
You ought to send video of that to Tom Biggs at the club, I'm sure that'd go down well on the Twitter feed!

so whats our favourite all time song about a player?

i sometimes find myself singing Marky Marky Marky Raaaawle for no particular reason , Oooooh Andy Ansaaaah , doo doo dooodoo Freddy Eastwood , but we cant forget the classics Roy Roy super Roy , or Ron ,Ron , Ron Ron Ron, Ron Ron Ron Ron POUTNEY! . but my own personal favourite is " who put the ball in the Bury net , Benji , Benji "

maybe we should collect a few more nominations + do a poll ? ...

so whats our favourite all time song about a player?

i sometimes find myself singing Marky Marky Marky Raaaawle for no particular reason , Oooooh Andy Ansaaaah , doo doo dooodoo Freddy Eastwood , but we cant forget the classics Roy Roy super Roy , or Ron ,Ron , Ron Ron Ron, Ron Ron Ron Ron POUTNEY! . but my own personal favourite is " who put the ball in the Bury net , Benji , Benji "

maybe we should collect a few more nominations + do a poll ? ...

An idea if it were possible is to put these songs onto a CD. with a beat or a tune added to it. another piece of merchandise invented to raise cash.

I realised a long time ago that non-football people will never really understand football and the passion that comes from the terraces.

My wife cant understand why I don't watch Brighton as its our local team and they have a better stadium and players etc. She does not understand how I can love men such as Freddy and BBBC who are younger than me and she does not understand why I get so irate when I see Orient on the TV etc. She cant understand the idea of driving for 90 mins each way for 90 mins football.

In any other walk of life going to an event, singing rude songs, jumping up and down like a mad man, hugging random people and shouting abuse at a sporting official would have you classed as insane yet football is very different.

People don't understand the passion, they don't really understand that what happens at Roots Hall over 90 mins largely sets the tone for my week, they don't understand it and I don't think they ever will really.

If you take my life friends, partners, homes, jobs they all come and go yet the constant that it with you throughout your life if you want it to be is Southend United.

That to me is the reason I love it. Its the seeing your mates on the terraces, its the hundreds of people I don't know anything about that I class as friends as we give each other a nod at football, its the away days, the buzz I get from seeing the club badge on someones car sticker, its the feeling I get when I look at the league table, its the standing in the North Bank with a few hundred other random people and singing about my passion, its the days you beat Newcastle at home, or when we turned over Barry Fry, its the first glimpse of Wembley....All of that and a million things mean I love it more and more.

Next time your wife says anything like that I suggest you jump up and down, stamp your feet and run to the corner and sulk for half an hour. I think she'll get the message.

I realised a long time ago that non-football people will never really understand football and the passion that comes from the terraces.

My wife cant understand why I don't watch Brighton as its our local team and they have a better stadium and players etc. She does not understand how I can love men such as Freddy and BBBC who are younger than me and she does not understand why I get so irate when I see Orient on the TV etc. She cant understand the idea of driving for 90 mins each way for 90 mins football.

In any other walk of life going to an event, singing rude songs, jumping up and down like a mad man, hugging random people and shouting abuse at a sporting official would have you classed as insane yet football is very different.

People don't understand the passion, they don't really understand that what happens at Roots Hall over 90 mins largely sets the tone for my week, they don't understand it and I don't think they ever will really.

If you take my life friends, partners, homes, jobs they all come and go yet the constant that it with you throughout your life if you want it to be is Southend United.

That to me is the reason I love it. Its the seeing your mates on the terraces, its the hundreds of people I don't know anything about that I class as friends as we give each other a nod at football, its the away days, the buzz I get from seeing the club badge on someones car sticker, its the feeling I get when I look at the league table, its the standing in the North Bank with a few hundred other random people and singing about my passion, its the days you beat Newcastle at home, or when we turned over Barry Fry, its the first glimpse of Wembley....All of that and a million things mean I love it more and more.

Well said mate

Ive supported southend since I was 13 and I still do with a passion .Im now ?????. And I still sing the songs chant the chants .And still loved beating Borient . And the one thing I loved was going to the home of English football Wembley .:happy:

Fav song has to be Benji Bury song, as in my lifetime and also the history of the club that goal meant so much!

Never too old. My son is 4 weeks old tomorrow, and I regularly sing songs to him. I'm certain his first words will be Barry Corr I love you :smile:

Never too old. My son is 4 weeks old tomorrow, and I regularly sing songs to him. I'm certain his first words will be Barry Corr I love you :smile:

My 4 year old son often cracks out du du du Britt Assombalonga. Always has me in fits of laughter then I join in with him and **** off the neighbours.

Ive supported southend since I was 13 and I still do with a passion .Im now ?????. And I still sing the songs chant the chants .And still loved beating Borient . And the one thing I loved was going to the home of English football Wembley .:happy:

Yeah, but you're only 14 now...

Back