• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I know this is going to upset a lot of Southend fans, but I really do believe this. We are looking at more firepower according to Tara Brady, but have to work within the wage cap. We now look like a team full of goals home and away. This is, and always will be the way to go. Strikers with no pace that have back to goal, always tapping it back and have a very poor strike rate are not going to get you promotion. We are now much more of a threat going forward. Blair's time has come and gone. He could only be used as a sub to kill a game off. But absolutely useless being brought on when behind in a game.

Time to free up the wages and bring in more players like Boli, who has done so well on trial, and Rendell, Harrison and Benson with whom we have been linked. This shows a real ambition by the club (at last).
I'm sorry but ''TAXI FOR BLAIR''.

Totally agree wih SNB. Blair seems like a nice guy and all that, and poss a positive person to have around, but when your Dad regularly brings on a centre half as a striker in place of you then surely that says it all.

Maybe a loan out would be best for all.

As much as I don't rate BS I would rather see Crawford or perhaps a midfielder go first.

Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK
Strikers with no pace that have back to goal, always tapping it back and have a very poor strike rate are not going to get you promotion.

Originally Posted by jamesmut2000
'Thought you were talking about Harris for a minute there. '

Harris scores with his back to the goal - oh my ;-)

Thought you were talking about Harris for a minute there.

No Roy McDonough..................... oh hang on..................we did win promotion.

Goalscorers need players to supply them with chances and defenders need forwards who can hold the ball and stop it coming coming straight back at them.

Why would let him go on loan? - not like he is going to improve much at his age. Get r

He is a good and intelligent footballer. However he is behind Dickinson, Harris and Corr for sure at the moment. Moshni is probaly 4th choice and that for my mind makes Blair 5th choice.

We must be a quarter of the way through the season and we have needed him once to start. I really appreciate his efforts and he was here on merit last season not because his dad is this boss but we have moved on and I dont think he fits.

Fantastic footballer and great at holding up the ball but he will never score enough at this level. If we get Boli who seems to offer genuine pace and skill then he is probably six choice for two spots. No point.

Good luck Blair - Enjoyed having you but I think its best you moved on.

Let's not be too rash, guys. Corr is still injured and my gut feeling he is still several weeks away from returning; Harris and Dickinson are susceptible to injuries; and I'm sorry but Mohsni is no more than a Plan B up front. Against tiring defenders he's great but from the start he gets too easily wound up through having to work the line and chase lost causes - what happened against Gillingham will happen again.

Whatever you think of him, Blair is currently third-choice striker and we still need him for the moment. Crawford is behind Blair in the pecking order so it's him that needs to be loaned out first. Besides, isn't Blair on a much lower wage this season anyway?

One thing for sure is they will HAVE to offload somebody before Boli or anybody else comes in due to the wage cap.

Happy to loan out one of Crawford or Blair now and let the other one go out on loan if we sign Boli or another striker. It makes sense as otherwise they would be sixth choice behind Harris, Dickinson, Corr, Boli (?), and Moshni as a Plan B, and would be unlikely to even get on the bench for the rest of the season.

Back