• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to put our money where our mouth is?

I get a little disappointed with Ron when he insists getting back to League 1 this season is the aim. In my mind that is not a priority. The survival of our Club and not continually, spending money we haven't got are far more important and achievable aims.

The manager's sole target for this season, should be a respectable finishing position and building and developing a squad, capable of launching a promotion bid for next season. No more attempts at short term fixes please.

I get a little disappointed with Ron when he insists getting back to League 1 this season is the aim. In my mind that is not a priority. The survival of our Club and not continually, spending money we haven't got are far more important and achievable aims.

The manager's sole target for this season, should be a respectable finishing position and building and developing a squad, capable of launching a promotion bid for next season. No more attempts at short term fixes please.
Statements like saying “we’re going for promotion” just proves to me that he says what he thinks we want to hear. When all we really want to know is if we’ll still have a club in 12 months time and preferably in the EFL

Statements like saying “we’re going for promotion” just proves to me that he says what he thinks we want to hear. When all we really want to know is if we’ll still have a club in 12 months time and preferably in the EFL

As it happens I don't have an issue with statements like that because promotion should always be the goal, even if it is considered unrealistic.

Remember under Tilson most people thought League 1 should be a season of consolidation, but we only went and won it. Anything can happen.

I’m no entirely sure that I see the need to “give” money to the club. I do see the merits of a loan, but realistically would we see our money again.

we are in a different situation to other clubs where supporters have helped out in my opinion.

Ron is not going to walk away, why would he ( I wouldn’t with a pot of good just out of reach but getting closer)

If Ron gets Fossetts done ( and personally I think he will) then their will be no need for cash from supporters. In other words the club could repay a loan at that point

if Ron doesn’t get Fossett done then at some point we are going out of business and we will have thrown away our money.

At that point our cash being donated, not loaned would be useful with new owners ( supporters trust for example).

to be clear I see the logic of giving to say Shrimpers trust who then supply the loan, which when repaid the trust would keep for the future

Back