• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

billy best was god

Youth Team
First person to go should be Steve Tilson, Why because he manages with no passion and is too laid back, get fed up with him just standing there arms folded while it all blows up in front of him, want to see a manager shouting, screaming running down the touch line and showing the same passion as us supporters, but Steve (no emotion) Tilson just stands there. Oh I forgot he does move when he makes a sub with 15 minutes to go when it’s too late. If only he showed the passion of us supporters.
Steve does not know how to motivate or change tactics and judging by his radio interviews gave up months ago, seemed to except relegation with the negative thoughts being passed on to the players. If Steve had more steel he would have told Ron what to do with his job when Paul was sacked, but the trouble with Steve he knows however bad we are he has a job for life??????
And for those that feel he is God he was a very average player who as manager got us promoted, thanks to being given Freddy Eastwood by Grays ,who without we would be where we are now in Division 2

First person to go should be Steve Tilson, Why because he manages with no passion and is too laid back, get fed up with him just standing there arms folded while it all blows up in front of him, want to see a manager shouting, screaming running down the touch line and showing the same passion as us supporters, but Steve (no emotion) Tilson just stands there. Oh I forgot he does move when he makes a sub with 15 minutes to go when it’s too late. If only he showed the passion of us supporters.
Steve does not know how to motivate or change tactics and judging by his radio interviews gave up months ago, seemed to except relegation with the negative thoughts being passed on to the players. If Steve had more steel he would have told Ron what to do with his job when Paul was sacked, but the trouble with Steve he knows however bad we are he has a job for life??????
And for those that feel he is God he was a very average player who as manager got us promoted, thanks to being given Freddy Eastwood by Grays ,who without we would be where we are now in Division 2

Here Steve, we have this player you don't know that we don't want, he's rubbish, you can have him if you want.

First person to go should be Steve Tilson, Why because he manages with no passion and is too laid back, get fed up with him just standing there arms folded while it all blows up in front of him, want to see a manager shouting, screaming running down the touch line and showing the same passion as us supporters, but Steve (no emotion) Tilson just stands there.
QUOTE]

Brian Clough was the same yet look what he achieved?. Despite being a judas, i still think that Barry Fry's enthusiasm of running up and down the touchline inspired the players during his time here.

Listen mate, not being funny, but open your eyes!

How can you want to get rid of Tilly ! I don't see how this would make things better!

He hasn't been able to sign anyone, and he hasn't been getting paid!

It is all well and good saying, oh if he didn't sign Freddy we would have just been in League 2 for 6 seasons!

Your point has no back bone! And I suggest you just keep your post count at 5 !

Listen mate, not being funny, but open your eyes!

How can you want to get rid of Tilly ! I don't see how this would make things better!

He hasn't been able to sign anyone, and he hasn't been getting paid!

It is all well and good saying, oh if he didn't sign Freddy we would have just been in League 2 for 6 seasons!

Your point has no back bone! And I suggest you just keep your post count at 5 !

your right your not funny...

anyone turning on Tilson is just doing RMs dirty work - being mugged by a greedy incompetent chairman

Sorry i thought this site was a way of everyone to express their views

Big question is, if steve was so good why has no other club ever wanted him ???????

He also had the "Gaul" to save us from relegation in 2003. If that was'nt good enough he also had the cheek to take to two L.D.V finals and back to back promotions.....what a complete inept manager he is eh!
Fans are angry at the moment because of were we are in the league but sacking tilly would be a horrendous decision because anyone who thinks that we would be better off with someone else are sadly deluded in my opinion.
Please tell me another manager who could have done any better with what as been at his disposal? He has had no money to play with which has affected transfers but more importantly the players wages thing in honesty is the one factor that has got us relegated. Do you not think that if the players had been paid on time and everything was hunky dory that we would be in this position? My answer would defo be a big fat No! It was without doubt an horrendous call by "Ron" at a time when we needed everyone together playing without worry and stress so if someone should hold there hands up look no further than the chairman.We have never been able to replace players like gower, bailey, hamill, freddie, clarke simply because we have no money, that the bottom line I'm afraid!

He also had the "Gaul" to save us from relegation in 2003. If that was'nt good enough he also had the cheek to take to two L.D.V finals and back to back promotions.....what a complete inept manager he is eh!
Fans are angry at the moment because of were we are in the league but sacking tilly would be a horrendous decision because anyone who thinks that we would be better off with someone else are sadly deluded in my opinion.
Please tell me another manager who could have done any better with what as been at his disposal? He has had no money to play with which has affected transfers but more importantly the players wages thing in honesty is the one factor that has got us relegated. Do you not think that if the players had been paid on time and everything was hunky dory that we would be in this position? My answer would defo be a big fat No! It was without doubt an horrendous call by "Ron" at a time when we needed everyone together playing without worry and stress so if someone should hold there hands up look no further than the chairman.We have never been able to replace players like gower, bailey, hamill, freddie, clarke simply because we have no money, that the bottom line I'm afraid!

You obviously weren't listening to BBCEssex around 17.50 this evening :)

Sorry i thought this site was a way of everyone to express their views

Big question is, if steve was so good why has no other club ever wanted him ???????

this is a site where people can express there there views but you only joined this forum on the 08.04.10 where have you been hiding since the date you joined

Yes i do tend to agree that he should have told Ron wot to do with his job after the sacking of Brushie but i dont think that was down to bottle, more of loyalty to SOUTHEND UNITED
Average player! ! ! , where you at MATE. Tilly was a above average Div 2/3 Player. After watching The Blues since the mid 60's he has to be in the top 5 midfielders with Jonathon Hunt. Mike Marsh. Ron Wheelan and KEVIN MAHER. He then became our most succesfull manager. And there i was always thinking it was a team game. Obversly Flav's, Barratt, Gower, MAHER ect had no part in our success. IMO after the Manure game it was the inefectualness of the said Eastwood that got us relegated in the first place. WOT HAS HE DONE since he left us ? ? ? UTB PS anyone know the way to accrington stanley, or even where the **** in the uk it is?

anyone turning on Tilson is just doing RMs dirty work - being mugged by a greedy incompetent chairman

now sainsbury are onboard as a partner in the development how do you get RM as a greedy incompenetent chairman

how else is there to take on the club - and before you mention the bloody consortium they dont have the money to buy roots hall let alone invest in the club

you are stuck with RM wether you like it of not

this is a site where people can express there there views but you only joined this forum on the 08.04.10 where have you been hiding since the date you joined

Well i for 1 of,many, will be gutted next season when he is at MK Franchise scum. And we have someone like Wignall here.

You obviously weren't listening to BBCEssex around 17.50 this evening :)

Listened to every word, does'nt change anything. I said on this very board last week that our front two that played against Brentford and today were the poorest I had seen for at least eight years, without doubt, but like he said he has not got much to choose from as he! What player in there right mind would want to come to the hall next season knowing that they might not get paid? Ron might as well stuck a big sign up saying " Loanees and old has beens welcome" because we cant pay anyone else descent wages!

UTB PS anyone know the way to accrington stanley, or even where the **** in the uk it is?

Its a mile or so from Oswaldtwistle. And if that dos'nt help then its a few miles south of Burnley, on the way to Bury. A very bleak place, i drove through there 3 years ago and got thoroughly depressed. Mind you, Morecambe is even worse.

Right Tilly,

here is a squad of 6 players at the most who are good enough and 13 others!
Oh by the way, I'm not going to pay you, oh and I have about 5 court hearings, we might get wound up! or put into administration.

You can't sign anyone by the way.

Oh and here are about 6 injuries, and continuous suspensions.

Can't you just play centre midfielders at the back ?

How about these youth team players aswell.

Oh and by the way, I'm just going to sack Paul Brush as well.

All the players are really ****** off!

It'll be fatal by the way if we go down!

So there you go Tilson my man, stay up, and you might be able to get 7 more on loan next season!

Well i for 1 of,many, will be gutted next season when he is at MK Franchise scum. And we have someone like Wignall here.
personally it has been a bad season for tilly on and off the field he needs the summer break to recharge the batteries and come back stronger

Tilly will be here next term UTB

i was watching the Huddersfield v Millwall match last night. Lee clarke the hudders boss had terry mcdermet and derek frazackerly in the dugout with him. Loads of experince to call on. whereas tilly has a non existant dave webb to help him.

Got to keep tilly in my opinion

Back