• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Personally I think Timlin is one of the reasons we are on this amazing run. He is such an all round midfielder give or take finishing and I really feel he has to be signed in Jan.

I wonder if we have already done a deal for him as Di Canio didnt want him? Maybe we tied it up befoe the loan move to give us the option to sign him in Jan.

I think its clear we need to move a few on in Jan. What will happen with Timlin.

Personally, I hope he stays but I can't see it on a permanent deal. I think the rest of the season on loan is the best we can hope for.

No chance of signing him on a perm in Jan. He has just signed a new 2 year deal at Swindon. They'll want a fee, well out of our range.

A loan extension until May, is our best hope. IF Di ****io plays ball of course...

We still have not lost a game he has played in.

I don't think a deal has been done and a lot will rest on the price, if we can sell/release someone, if someone else also wants him and how Swindon feel about to let him go to us, a possible promotion rival.

I'd love to see him sign as he has made a big difference but just think there a few obstacles that may stop it happening.

No chance of signing him on a perm in Jan. He has just signed a new 2 year deal at Swindon. They'll want a fee, well out of our range.

A loan extension until May, is our best hope. IF Di ****io plays ball of course...

We still have not lost a game he has played in.

Why do you say they will they want a fee for him?

Did we want a fee when the manager decided that Paterson wasn't part of our future or did we just want his wages off the books?

Think of the Financial Fairplay rules. If Di Canio doesn't want to play him, then he's stopping them bringing someone else in. It's in their interest to let us take over his contract.

The one big thing in our favour is the fact that PdC has allowed us to play Timlin in the cup, so it does seem pretty obvious that, for this season at least, he is not part of their plans

My biggest concern is whether they are aware as to Timlins value to us (and lets be honest they will be monitoring his every game) and would they stop him playing in an attempt to scupper us by recalling him, not very sporting but how long has it been since football has been anything like sporting :sad:

Timlin is an execptional player for us.. I would like us to sign him on a more longer term basis.

I wonder if Kane will be sold to fund the cash for a permanent move for Timlin? it's like for like change.

But I suspect for the time being the best we can hope is his loan will be extended.

There's quite a lot of hypobole about Timlin. He's great on the ball, intelligent, attacking and has a good awareness of his teammates and how to ignore the obvious pass but play the best option.

However, positionally I'm not convinced, he gets dragged high and wide and leaves gaps behind him. With Kalalalalala that's probably ok, but with Ferdinand alongside I think he should have played closer to Kane, and not go wandering so much. If you watch the highlights you can see the kind of space that Oxford found between our midfield and attack. His 1-on-1 came from chasing down and intercepting high up the pitch, which would have been great if it was Harris or Dickinson, but I'm not sure why Timlin was playing the furthest forward at 1-1

It'd be great if we could get him for longer, but lets calm down a little, we still have a decent squad and midfield and if we don't get him for longer I don't think we'll suddenly drop down the league.

I think we missed JPK massively on Saturday, the way he just sits and breaks up opponents attacks is vastly underated i feel .. anyone know anymore about his loss and whether he'll be back anytime soon??

I thought that there might be an update on the OS but i can't seem to get on it :unsure:

Last edited:
There's quite a lot of hypobole about Timlin. He's great on the ball, intelligent, attacking and has a good awareness of his teammates and how to ignore the obvious pass but play the best option.

However, positionally I'm not convinced, he gets dragged high and wide and leaves gaps behind him. With Kalalalalala that's probably ok, but with Ferdinand alongside I think he should have played closer to Kane, and not go wandering so much. If you watch the highlights you can see the kind of space that Oxford found between our midfield and attack. His 1-on-1 came from chasing down and intercepting high up the pitch, which would have been great if it was Harris or Dickinson, but I'm not sure why Timlin was playing the furthest forward at 1-1

It'd be great if we could get him for longer, but lets calm down a little, we still have a decent squad and midfield and if we don't get him for longer I don't think we'll suddenly drop down the league.

Was 1-0 at the time.

i fear timlin will be made to go back to swindon the way he is playing for us, either that or they will want a fee for him and i will be surprised if we pay a fee as we havnt paid a fee for a player in ages and we are a bit stubborn on things like that.

I seem to be in a minority of one that thinks we have already done the deal or at least have a clause to allow us to do it.

I cant see why we would take him on loan if we didnt have the option to sign him. Surely its a no win for us - if he is good they hold us to ransom on the price, if he is naff then were stuxk with a crap player for three months.

I agree with YB that I think Swindon might be glad to see him go wages wise. They will know we have no money so cant see them asing for say £100k as clearly we wont have that. Maybe someone else will I guess.

Luggy wants him, Timlin wants to stay. Thats the easy part.

Money- well we dont have any so can forget about paying a fee. An extension to the loan or hope that Di Canio rips up his contract (very unlikely). If not he goes elsewhere and Luggy tries to get someone else it. Yes he is a very good player but not irreplaceable. Sawyer, Grant, JPK and Kane still in the centre, maybe the second half od the season will see JJ come to the fore.

Back