• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Is it the end of the road for Timmlins southend stay .Can not understand one why he isn't in the team 2 It seems strange that he was not used as a sub yesterday . Now I know its only my opinion but I feel he should be in the starting 11 over Deegan .Maybe he and Brown have had a falling out .

I think Timlin and deegan look very similar players at the moment and I don't think it suits Timlin one little bit, he has gone off his game last few games and needs to get back to his old self again.

Is it the end of the road for Timmlins southend stay .Can not understand one why he isn't in the team 2 It seems strange that he was not used as a sub yesterday . Now I know its only my opinion but I feel he should be in the starting 11 over Deegan .Maybe he and Brown have had a falling out .
Have we signed another midfielder?:sad:

I'm going to be honest here, IMO Timlin's been at best average this season and at worst a complete liability :sad: . I've always been a huge fan (definitely last season) but if the same displays had been from a new signing they'd have been slaughtered. Needs to pull his finger out and prove he can perform at this level, I doubt a new manager will have as much patience with him than Brown has.

We need Timlin in our team.He got us to:Worthy: the Play offs last year.

We need Timlin in our team.He got us to:Worthy: the Play offs last year.
Strange for me and CHEMICO to agree so wholeheartedly.

On his day, Tims is our best midfielder, and that's even allowing for Lenny. We just need to find that midfielder and harness it correctly.

Strange for me and CHEMICO to agree so wholeheartedly.

On his day, Tims is our best midfielder, and that's even allowing for Lenny. We just need to find that midfielder and harness it correctly.

We used to have a decent goal scoring winger to ( Hurst ) but his "A" game all but disappeared also.

It's not the end of the road for Timlin. He's had no falling out from what I've heard. He's just very much out of form. The 2 main fall outs were with Prosser and Worrall. Prosser has gone, and PB and Worrall have made up.

Timlin is quite probably my overall favourite player across the last few seasons, ever since he joined us. I don’t mind Deegan but Timlin has a far better range of passing, coupled with the ability to read the game and break up play, without seeming to get booked as much. I was a big fan of Deegan when he started, but I think his limitations are now starting to show, whereas my man-love for Timlin remains undiminished. A midfield containing both Timlin and Leonard is the preferred one for me – Atkinson covers more ground every game than any other player in recent memory and is therefore good at smothering play and frustrating the opposition, but I think this can actually lead to congestion, with the oppositions forward play stopped without gaps appearing for us to play into. Although Timlin may not have quite the same engine, his ability to pick a pass makes him the more useful player in my opinion.

Deegan and Atkinson may stop/break up play, but neither can seem to make progress down the field, whether by passing or running and I think Timlin’s movement and vision is better than both of them, which we need now that Payne is coming more to the fore and Barnett is quite clearly capable of getting goals if he is given the opportunity. A stodgy midfield won’t help either of our more attacking options.

A further minor point in favour of Mr Timlin, is that he also scores (some) goals, but he doesn’t score boring goals.

Deegan has actually upped his game in our last two matches and now looks the real deal again.

I think Timlin and deegan look very similar players at the moment and I don't think it suits Timlin one little bit, he has gone off his game last few games and needs to get back to his old self again.

Agreed, Timlin is in a poor run playing his worst football for the last few seasons. Deegan is and always had been generally poor. When Timlin is in form he is twice the player Deegan ever will be.

I don't think the Timlin form is that bad, certainly not comparable to Hurst. Burton wasn't that long ago and I thought Timlin did a great job in that match. Play him in front of the back four

I feel like someone should leap to Deegan's defence here - he's not the best midfielder we've ever had, by any means but against Crewe and Chesterfield I think he looked to be the best of a bad lot - some of his passes were great - much better than Atko, Wordsworth and Payne who constantly gave the ball away.

I also think he's genuinely making an effort to be the best he can be - has trimmed the beard and wearing cycling shorts to draw less attention to himself. Brown has said before that he's the first to turn up at training every morning too, which shows a professional attitude.

If players like Wordsworth, Payne, Atkinson, and Timlin are on top form then I agree Deegan should be warming the bench, at best, however when the chips are down and some of these more gifted players go missing on the pitch, give me Gary Deegan any day!

I feel like someone should leap to Deegan's defence here - he's not the best midfielder we've ever had, by any means but against Crewe and Chesterfield I think he looked to be the best of a bad lot - some of his passes were great - much better than Atko, Wordsworth and Payne who constantly gave the ball away.

I also think he's genuinely making an effort to be the best he can be - has trimmed the beard and wearing cycling shorts to draw less attention to himself. Brown has said before that he's the first to turn up at training every morning too, which shows a professional attitude.

If players like Wordsworth, Payne, Atkinson, and Timlin are on top form then I agree Deegan should be warming the bench, at best, however when the chips are down and some of these more gifted players go missing on the pitch, give me Gary Deegan any day!

I've never had a problem with his attitude, he is a fully committed player as far as I can see and he'll have my support when he does start. It is my opinion that Timlin should be in front of him in the pecking order though.

I've been watching Deegan very closely and his ball control is fantastic, he's also good at shielding the ball and turning away from opposition players but he's been let down badly in the last 2 games by others in midfield, partly due to the formation giving him no outlet and by Wordsworth who has been woeful. After Crewe I would have dropped him, some of PB's decisions are at times quite bizarre.

People have short memories, anyone who was at Gillingham should have realised that Deegan has talent, he bossed that game.

Timlin has been poor all season by his own high standards.

What I loved about Timlin on Saturday was the way he acted as coach/ballboy/cheerleader when he (regularly) warmed up, as well as the words of advise for younger players during the warm up/half-time break etc....

I have always liked Timlin, he is rarely MOM but is always guaranteed to put a shift in. I think that overall he is a better player than Deegan but to be fair to Deegs he has been one of the very few players to play well in the last two home games.

Nah, he'll outlast the manager.

Port Vale was his 150th league start for Southend and 192nd overall, moving him above Phil Gridelet to 45th in the all time appearance list for the club.

Back