• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You can't fault Timlin's commitment, nor his effort. I think too that he's actually got the necessary skills to cope at this level at least. I think the issue is a lack of concentration. 100% concentration for 100% of the game is the key to not making mistakes. Timlin seems to struggle with this which means he makes mistakes.

I get frustrated with any player that can't complete simple passes etc , I applaud players that "try" things, if they try them in certain parts of the pitch , even if they don't come off.

But to boo or abuse your own players .. , who are trying and giving their all , I cannot fathom. I get annoyed when I see players targeted by boo boys. We are supporters . If the effort is lacking , I show this at half time and after he game, during the game, we have just an important role to support as the players do to play !!!

Last edited:
Yes, he misplaces passes at times and sometimes makes rash tackles conceding too many free kicks but you can't fault his attitude or commitment and it's not his fault that he is being played out of position, seemingly without complaint. I also think that the lack of movement and anticipation by the players ahead of him makes some of his passes look worse than they are. As a player who has literally given blood for the cause over the years, he certainly deserves better treatment than he has been getting lately. And the stats speak for themselves, the defence has certainly tightened up over recent games, I suggest the real problems of this so far mediocre season lie elsewhere in the side.

Unfortunately people often are influenced by their pre-conceptions and don't let the facts get in the way for a while. Tims is a CM therefore he cannot be a LB..

John White has had the same problem- the he's a RB hence can't be a CB syndrome lasted on here at least a couple of years and even now, despite all the evidence to the contrary, I am sure there are some who still don't accept he is a CB.

If based on this season (with all memory prior erased) you were told Timlin and Hendrie were both left backs you would believe it and say Tims should get the nod based on performances. Of course our best LB would still be Cokes.

At the end of the day our opinions of Timlin, good, bad or indifferent, are completely irrelevant because Phil Brown believes that he is the man to play at left back, barring injury, until Ben Coker returns and Phil Brown picks the team.

At the end of the day our opinions of Timlin, good, bad or indifferent, are completely irrelevant because Phil Brown believes that he is the man to play at left back, barring injury, until Ben Coker returns and Phil Brown picks the team.
Spot on Mr R it will be interesting if Timlin can't make it on Saturday

John White can cover well, short term, at LB but Timlin is left footed and with Coker out long term and with Hendrie struggling we don't really have a choice.

Again I would argue that just 6 goals conceded at home says our defending at RH is OK.

White was good enough at LB for Tilson to bring him in there on loan. He played perfectly well enough there by my recollection. I love Tims, his whole heartedness, his commitment - his generosity even - but he's simply not a LB, doesn't have the positional knowledge or the defensive quality to play well there as far as I have seen. It just beggars belief that we can have fit full backs sitting on the bench while Timlin is preferred there.

White was good enough at LB for Tilson to bring him in there on loan. He played perfectly well enough there by my recollection. I love Tims, his whole heartedness, his commitment - his generosity even - but he's simply not a LB, doesn't have the positional knowledge or the defensive quality to play well there as far as I have seen. It just beggars belief that we can have fit full backs sitting on the bench while Timlin is preferred there.
I certainly wouldn’t keep playing him there,ahead of Hendrie but I’ve checked and confirmed that many of his appearances for Swindon were at left-back!

If you weren't at the Newport, Rotherham and Charlton games in particular then your reaction is vaguely understandable but otherwise it isn't.

On Tuesday night, in the 90th minute, Tims put in a superb, game saving, crunching tackle in our penalty area to deny MKD a clear shot on goal for the winner.

Sadly I for once agree with Rigsby - Tims is doing fine and significantly strengthening our defence whilst taking one for the team.

If you weren't at the Newport, Rotherham and Charlton games in particular then your reaction is vaguely understandable but otherwise it isn't.

On Tuesday night, in the 90th minute, Tims put in a superb, game saving, crunching tackle in our penalty area to deny MKD a clear shot on goal for the winner.

Sadly I for once agree with Rigsby - Tims is doing fine and significantly strengthening our defence whilst taking one for the team.

I've seen all these games on Ifollow.I remain a a huge Tims fan.Does my opinion count? :winking:

Sorry OBL he does have both of those qualities. To carry on from what Mfurok was saying about the MK game. There was a great moment when Timlin spotted danger and vey professionally blocked a run. Glad at least one young lad behind me appreciated it and applauded.

You should try it more often, its really not that bad.

Sorry OBL he does have both of those qualities. To carry on from what Mfurok was saying about the MK game. There was a great moment when Timlin spotted danger and vey professionally blocked a run. Glad at least one young lad behind me appreciated it and applauded.

He must save that for games I've missed then, as it's certainly something we continually hear mentioned around where we sit.

He must save that for games I've missed then, as it's certainly something we continually hear mentioned around where we sit.
Mine too, though it's not his fault that he is being played out of position by PB, though I'm only an 'average punter', it seems a long term move that will do no good to either Timlin, Hendire or PB - as it was PB who signed Hendire.

Either a terrible signing or a player being mis-managed -which is it?

Back