• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
What's happening with this?

He was on a short-term deal but has this been extended yet? He's a key player but I'm fearful of cost-cutting measures and trying to figure out where Gomis fits in. Has Gomis been signed to make a more expensive midfielder (Timlin, Laird?) expendable?

Brown got Timlin on that short term deal purely on Coughlan's say so I reckon. When Brown arrived, Timlin was injured and then went to prison, so he never actually had the chance to see him play. After a slow start I was concerned he wasn't going to be the same since his leg break, but he seems to have come back stronger. No one can deny that Timlin is a key player and I trust Brown to recognise this. Gomis looks like your defensive midfield 'enforcer' type so would be surprised if he was signed as a cheap alternative to Timlin, as he's an out and out playmaker. All gone quiet regarding a new contract but I really don't think we should worry, Brown almost certainly won't let him go.

Tim's has really impressed me with his attitude, work and team ethos; he has been a model pro since he came back: a MUST re-sign I hope.

Haven't we got an option in place to extend to 2015?

Fair sure that will be activated soon if not already.

No need to rush this one. While he is playing very well at the moment I very much doubt there are a host of clubs at a higher level queuing to sign him.

I think timlin will be offered another deal but on the same terms at best, the club will see this as they stood by him through tough times and could have canceled his contract during that time, will look to get him signed up on the cheap if they can, maybe a ryan hall situation coming up.

I think timlin will be offered another deal but on the same terms at best, the club will see this as they stood by him through tough times and could have canceled his contract during that time, will look to get him signed up on the cheap if they can, maybe a ryan hall situation coming up.

I would hope our management have moved on from cheap & weak style and into an era of professionalism and being fair to staff who have worked well.............now they are paying them.:winking:

Brown has spoken publicly about how impressed he was with Timlin's attitude when he first came and how everyone had said what a good player he was before he had the chance to judge for himself. I think he'll have had the time to make his own mind up by now and I'd be very surprised if he's not offered a contract extension. It's nothing like the same as Ryan Hall's situation, Timlin's behaved impeccably professionally.

Brown has spoken publicly about how impressed he was with Timlin's attitude when he first came and how everyone had said what a good player he was before he had the chance to judge for himself. I think he'll have had the time to make his own mind up by now and I'd be very surprised if he's not offered a contract extension. It's nothing like the same as Ryan Hall's situation, Timlin's behaved impeccably professionally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22784817

So glad he has got back into the team, terrific player at this level. Glad Brown did give him the chance when he came back.

Yes, that is very good news. Surprised more wasn't made of it when the extension came into effect though, it's almost as if they waited to see it being questioned on here :whistling:

Cracking news - a vital player for us. We need at least one of him and Laird in the middle for their energy, positive infectious attitudes and important experience.

Stonking tackle by Tims yesterday! WW were breaking in numbers from a Blues corner and Tims faced a player coming fast at him who, had he got past, would have led to a 4 on 2 attack. Timed it perfect and we got back on attack. If he had got it wrong it could have been a red card. For a player who broke his leg in a crunching tackle I thought it was a real moment of football skill and courage. Take a bow Michael Timlin!

Stonking tackle by Tims yesterday! WW were breaking in numbers from a Blues corner and Tims faced a player coming fast at him who, had he got past, would have led to a 4 on 2 attack. Timed it perfect and we got back on attack. If he had got it wrong it could have been a red card. For a player who broke his leg in a crunching tackle I thought it was a real moment of football skill and courage. Take a bow Michael Timlin!

Absolutely, very under rated by some.

Back