• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

The News
Michael Timlin to resume training with Southend United after being released from pris

MICHAEL Timlin will today resume training with Southend United after being released from prison.

More...

So Looking at the Echo it says timlin is now out and training again - how long do you think it will take him to get back to match fit? do we know if he kept himself fit in the slammer? - will he even sign a new contract? if he can recreate the form he had before he broke his leg that would be a great addition to the side

a lot of people are writing us off already before a football has been kicked we have only lost clohessy, tomlin and britt (and mohsni!)

lets judge the team come the season and not based on pre-season friendlies

rant over - get behind the blues.

Great for Mr Timlin. I hope he now has a burning desire to put this behind him and make a success of his life.

"only" lost?? Bloody hell, four of our best!! ONLY?????

Timlin's out? Too much time in the prison showers can do that to a man :stunned:

Which 4 of our best have we lost then .I can only think of two off OURbest we have lost

clohessy - right back - had a poor second half of the season, replaceable
Tomlin - quick but wasted too many chances
britt - hot and cold
mohsni - liability

We're trying to add stability and cover - bring in a new striker and perhaps another midfielder who can really create chances and i think we'll be up there

britt - hot and cold
mohsni - liability

We're trying to add stability and cover - bring in a new striker and perhaps another midfielder who can really create chances and i think we'll be up there

Rooney is definately unsettled at Man U - It's worth asking the question

britt - hot and cold
mohsni - liability

Clohessey is the best right back we have had in a long long time, got player of the year and in the team of the year squad. Not that easily replaceable at all.

Tomlin and Britt got how many goals between them last year?

Ok you have named the two best of our players we have lost CLOHESSY and TOMLIN Britt wasn't ours he was a loan MOHSNI well enough said . AND the rest we lost were either bit part players or loans .So no matter how you look at it we have only lost two of our main first team :winking:

Problem at this level is there are a lot of very talented footballers who for whatever reason can only do it for short periods. Clohessy had dropped to non-league before we rescued him, and he then had 2 1/2 good seasons, but fell away towards the end last year. Maybe he just can't sustain it. Be interesting to see how he does over the next season or two. Tomlin is another example, bags of talent, no long-term consistency. Hence an entire career spent in the lower leagues. Wouldn't surprise me to see him warming Vale's bench before long.

Not saying we don't need more players to replace them, just not convinced our season would be any the better had they stayed.

Clohessey is the best right back we have had in a long long time, got player of the year and in the team of the year squad. Not that easily replaceable at all.

We lost Keith Dublin and Julian Hails and somehow survived those POTY losses. Clinging to that helps me through the day.

were the players briefed on how to handle his return? pretty sensitive i would think.

Timlin can UNLOCK defences with his passing, its a shame the JURY WAS OUT on him with some fans last season :winking:

were the players briefed on how to handle his return? pretty sensitive i would think.

Sensitive? Yes - they were told not to call him a knob for being so stupid behind the wheel of a car. Or perhaps they were told not to refer to him directly as "idiot". :'(

If he signs for the club I will get right behind him - rehabilitation back into society and all that.

Back